R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Choosing a Brushless unit: Reedy vs Novak vs Tekin (future) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/117208-choosing-brushless-unit-reedy-vs-novak-vs-tekin-future.html)

Cain 06-09-2006 09:22 AM

Choosing a Brushless unit: Reedy vs Novak vs Tekin (future)

hey guys,

I think I am ready to go with a brushless unit. I figure since racing around here can be alittle sketchy, I would enjoy the near zero maintenance of a brushless unit as well as the longer run times.

I am looking to pick between the Novak GTB, Reedy Sphere, and the future Tekin unit (depending on when that comes out) . I am leaning right now towards the GTB as it comes with a fan unit and I heard it works better with Spektrum receivers (I have a DX3).

This will be going into a 4wd vehicle (SB V2).

I am inparticular looking to know which unit is the most durable, gives you the most bang for the buck, and works best with the Spektrum receiver.

Thanks!

bobf24 06-09-2006 09:44 AM

i've got the sphere comp, and it works perfectly fine with the spektrum, the nice thing with teh spehere comp is its got the lipo capabilty built in, and it automatically detects what type of battery you are using, you can also get a cooling kit for it for cheap, which comes with a fan and a capictor that attaches to the battery terminals, i dont have any experience with the novak, so i can't coment on them, but i'm more than happy with my sphere,

by the way, i'm using it in a BK2, with a neo 1 star, a futaba 3pk with spetrum, and swtich between lipo and nimh, just incase you wanted to know what i'm specifically using,

Davidka 06-09-2006 09:56 AM

I am very happy with my 2 GTB setups. The few Spheres I have seen all burned up.

FBR 06-09-2006 11:17 AM

I'd hold out for the tekin one cause you know it will be built like a brick $hithouse

MarkieMark231 06-09-2006 11:25 AM

Reedy and Novak have great systems but Novak seems to have the edge imo

party_wagon 06-09-2006 03:11 PM

Castle creations is going to release one in June. If they are anything like their micro systems then they should be bullet proof and very fast.

Valentin.H 06-09-2006 03:23 PM

i have a regular Novak SS+ 5800 and its great. I have a bk2, and its pretty fast. novak is great, never seen anyone run a lrp so i cant comment on that. gl with your search.

Lextek 06-09-2006 06:08 PM

Castle Creations (Mamba) are supposed to be coming out with a 1/10th scale brushless soon. My LHS has a Quark sitting in the case.

Basher 06-09-2006 06:30 PM

I have 2 Novak 5800's bought them brand new 2 years ago. I have not had any problems with them. I use them in MF2 and XXX-4 I can keep up with the A-Main guys. IMO the Novak is the best. I know of at least 6 pepole who have the new novak 4.5's and love them. So much power that they had to dial down the speed.

Overall it is your decision. Pick what you want.