Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Glitching Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Glitching Problems

I would like to take my truck to the new RC track that was built in my area, but my truck has developed a nasty glitching problem. Its bad enough that im sure if i took it to a track, it would glitch out and either hit a wall or someones vehicle.

My truck is a team losi xxx-t, JR XR2i radio with r125 receiver, Novak GTB 4.5r Brushless system. the glitching problem started a week ago, at first it wasnt really that bad, but it is getting worse every day. i hear the ESC beeping and it goes full throttle while it glitches. it covers a good amount of ground now as it glitches for a few seconds now. it happens at any distance from me.

the ESC is on left side of the truck, and the receiver is on the right side of the truck, its basically in the postion it was in when i bought the rtr.

Its to the point now where i am afraid to drive the thing, as today i almost took out an older couple walking by, across the street. it just glitched and headed right for them.

Anyone have an idea of what part may be failing or causing this? it just gets worse and worse by the day. ive checked all the wires and they dont look cut or frayed or anything like that.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

clean your reciever. you can do this in 2 ways

get some motor spray, take the esc apart...DO NOT TOUCH the components of the reciever...spray it, use a Q-tip and motor spray, clean all that gunk off, and run.

take apart the reciever..as i said, do not touch the components of the esc, soak it in rubbing alcohol..ive done it, no dmg to the reciever.

check the wires of your car too. check the wires of the reciever (the antenna) and see if there are any damages. but cleaning it would most likely be the thing.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

if u have any graphite parts on your truck i would make sure your reciever antenna isnt touching any of the parts i had a similar problem i just ran fuel tubing up the antenna before it went up to the tube
Old 06-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RE

I was trying to find out what the chassis is made of, but i couldnt find it. i really dont know if it has any graphite parts. it was an xxx-t rtr 2.

And id rather not take apart the ESC and Reciver. they are still under warranty. ive only had the truck for around 2 weeks.

The wires dont appear damaged to me.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

well im pretty sure all losi parts will say graphite on them if they are thats how it is with my xxx-nt anyway. well if the radio and reciever is still under warranty i would send em in if u have check and cleaned all your radio crystal's.Actually clean the pins and pin holes and try that.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

its not that hard to take it apart and put it back....its just the click of the box to open, take out the plate inside the reciever, clean it, and put it back. but yea, send it back if u dont feel safe cleaning it yourself. but i say just clean it...