R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Team Losi Nitrotane Fuel (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/117153-team-losi-nitrotane-fuel.html)

Aaron Waldron 06-09-2006 12:48 AM

Team Losi Nitrotane Fuel

Team Losi is proud to announce the release of Nitrotane premium blended fuel. This first in a line of purpose-blended fuels has been developed specifically to meet the unique and challenging needs of the sport market. The new Nitrotane brand fuel has been developed by some of the most knowledgeable and successful nitro racers spanning over 4 decades. Nitrotane is not just another fuel from one of the current fuel manufactures but rather a completely new fuel made with the absolute highest grades of methyl alcohol, genuine US made nitromethane, and unique hi-tech lubricants. With a complete oil formulation laboratory and unmatched testing facilities at their disposal, Team Losi has the unique ability to create a specific lubrication package as well as maintain the highest standards in quality control. Nitrotane 20% Sport uses both castor and synthetic oils as well as exclusive additives to provide performance and protection for all types of engines especially those used in ready to run models. Team Losi goes the extra step in every aspect, as even the container is special. Unlike most fuels, Nitrotane comes in a UN approved steel can to prevent leakage, photosensitive degradation and contamination. This means each tank of fuel will yield consistent and reliable power while burning clean and offering the highest level of protection and performance. Look for genuine Team Losi Nitrotane fuel at hobby shops and racetracks this summer.

Racing4Evo 06-09-2006 12:52 AM

Is this by any chance being made by the same manufacturer of Trinity Monster ? I think I saw Gil Losi running it in Trinity cans of course. :confused:

binaryterror 06-09-2006 05:12 AM

Is this fuel gonna make those Mach .26 and Mach 427's last longer than the almighty gallon? HAHAHA

Aaron Waldron 06-09-2006 10:42 AM

Racing4Evo - I'm almost positive it isn't made by the same company. In fact...I'm sure.

binaryterror - I don't understand the problem most people have with them! I've run quite a few of them as practice motors in 1/8th scale. Sure...they won't last 10 gallons like a Novarossi, but I've never destroyed a rod or burned the motor up in less than a gallon.

o.s. power 06-10-2006 02:17 PM

so when are we going to see the losi line of motors?

Johnathan 06-10-2006 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
...Team Losi goes the extra step in every aspect, as even the container is special. Unlike most fuels, Nitrotane comes in a UN approved steel can to prevent leakage, photosensitive degradation and contamination. This means each tank of fuel will yield consistent and reliable power while burning clean and offering the highest level of protection and performance...

1 - most fuels sold in gallons ( like traxxas) already have the same metal cans, what makes these so special compared to those? and hopefully, the can doesnt leak...

Originally Posted by aaron waldron
has been developed specifically to meet the unique and challenging needs of the sport market....

2 - what makes your fuel more well suited for the "sport" market than other fuels?

3 - are yall gonna make engines to go with your fuel?

Aaron Waldron 06-10-2006 05:27 PM

o.s. power - I have no idea if that has even been talked about.

johnathon - I think that if the cans don't leak, that in itself will be a huge improvement.

IMO, there's a lot to be desired from a lot of the fuels out there. From not having very good over-lean protection, not having proper lubrication for bearings, yet not having so much oil that it kills run time and makes the engine run hotter..it's all a delicate balance.

jbrow1 06-10-2006 07:15 PM

Aaron, by sport do you mean it's a fuel made more for guys out beating their rides to death in the yard and fields? Or is it something the Team Losi guys are going to be racing with also?

Aaron Waldron 06-10-2006 07:39 PM

I haven't heard of anything as far as the team racing with that exact blend of fuel. I would assume that by sport, they're targeting the XXX-NT RTR and LST customers out there.

I don't think it's unfair to assume that a more race-specific blend of fuel is out of the question, though.

rhymster 06-10-2006 08:09 PM

aaron i know u are tryin to promote the team that u drive for but its nothin really more than what traxxas sells for there vehicles sayin it will make there motor's last longer. ya its a good sales thing and i could see how u would be wanting to promote it as much as u can but theres a line i mean comon u are the moderater of this forum just cause u take care of this forum u cant say this is awesome fuel because u drive for the team no disrepect meant u have helped with problems that i have had but i think that is part of being a moderator. am i not right? being moderate like a medium

GregH 06-11-2006 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by rhymster
aaron i know u are tryin to promote the team that u drive for but its nothin really more than what traxxas sells for there vehicles sayin it will make there motor's last longer. ya its a good sales thing and i could see how u would be wanting to promote it as much as u can but theres a line i mean comon u are the moderater of this forum just cause u take care of this forum u cant say this is awesome fuel because u drive for the team no disrepect meant u have helped with problems that i have had but i think that is part of being a moderator. am i not right? being moderate like a medium

Aaron is like a CC, plastic..... says what most WANT to here so he sounds right all the time. :)

Lars Johnson 06-11-2006 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by rhymster
u cant say this is awesome fuel because u drive for the team

Uhh, why not? And how do you know that this is nothing more than Traxxas fuel? Seems to me like the press release that Aaron pasted up there details out the difference between this and other fuels. I dont think there is a company out there that will release a new product, and have the press release say "it's really nothing better than what is already out there...."

GregH - he does sound right, because he actually knows whats going on, unlike half of the people on these forums. He's on here to promote, just like the rest of us do at our local tracks, races, etc. I'd think people would feel a bit more fortunate to have someone like him here, who has a little more of an inside scoop of whats going on in the TL factory..

Aaron Waldron 06-11-2006 03:14 PM

If you don't want me to moderate the forums, fine. Volunteer and I'll have Shane switch the accounts over, no problem.

I'm here to move spam threads, and delete anything that's not compliant with the Terms of Use you agreed to when you made your account...no nudity, no bad language, nothing out of line or inappropriate, whatever.

If deciding what is and what isn't in violation of the Terms of Use means I can't have my own opinions and support the people that have supported me, then fine. Volunteer to take my place and you can do a better job.

Greg - I never say what people want to hear, that's why trolls like you can always dig up skeletons everywhere I go. It's obvious that you have personal issues with me, perhaps you should be a man and take them to e-mail, instead of being a keyboard hero on a public bulletin board.

rhymster 06-12-2006 08:50 PM

wow i never meant for u to get your panties in a bunch.all i was tryin to say is traxxas says there fuel is specifically designed for there engines just like im sure the losi fuel will say.Never said i wanted to be the moderator u do a fine job of it and im sure its more time consuming than what people think.dont take it so personally.

plumbum 03-17-2007 10:33 AM

well i can tell this about the fuel. engine modders who see motors form all over the country in all types of shape with different types of fuel will attest to quality of fuels and how they react with motor components. my new modded vspec is being broken in with 30%race nitrotane. highly recomended by my mod guy(i will talk to him and see if he will let me post his name etc..) he has about 8 team drivers and they all run whichever fuel they want etc... the cleanest least damaged engines he has seen(caused by fuel) has been the ones with nitrotane. a far second choice is sidewinder world team race formula and that wasnt the greatest either. according to him the biggest problem with the fuels is the quality of the ingredients in them. i found this to be true in a couple of instances for me. one being i used to run cooper buggy race fuel with 30%nitro. my motor ran cooler and had great snap and tuning was alot easier. his big secret was that he used american made and supplied ingredients including nitro etc... anyway his supply became an issue and the fuel was no longer available to me for about 3 months. right in the middle of race season. he refused to buy cheaper quality ingredients to make it, he would rather not make it than sell junk. anyway from what i can tell, the nitrotane should be the same equivelent. and how can you go wrong when VP racing fuels is part of the process. they wouldnt risk their full scale racing reputation for little toy motors. my two cents

also for people that bash team guys for trying to promote their product etc... dont YOU have some loyalties to the products YOU run. it is the same as thiers. and most will freely admit that there are lots of good products out there other than just theres. when you are at a race talk to one of them, THAT is their job. to talk to you and help. also to win when not helping.lol. anyway if you really want to make it a promotionless hobby, we should all remove our sigs, so as not to display a bias one way or the other.