R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Official Traxxas Jato thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/117003-official-traxxas-jato-thread.html)

Os_powerd_jato 06-07-2006 06:54 PM

Official Traxxas Jato thread

Hmm how come there isn't one of these? I have a JATO that is REALLY hopped up! I was wondering on what you think of the JATO. Have problems? Post here! Like to share something? Post here!
What do you think of the New Jato 3.3?

j2chulo 07-03-2006 04:37 PM

Hey nice started we do need a Jato thread for us jato owner. First question...I bought my jato nah too long ago. did the breaking, took it to the hobby shop for a tune up the guy did it for me. after i got home they truck woundt start. i was messing around witht the needles. now the throtter is too high i mean when i start the car is like if im hitting the throtter the wheel start spinning fast. can anybody tell me whats the factory setting on the jato. starting from like tighting all needles and they how much should it be loose? how many turn from allway tighten??

JatoPimp 07-04-2006 12:00 AM

dude just take it back to the guy who tuned it. see what he will say about the prob. so i think the 3.3 will be freakin sweet! i just got into this hobby but wow man ever since i herd about the jato coming out at first i was pumped. now this thing even better. will i be able to buy the TRX3.3 engine and if so that would be sweet in my rustler i have now! :lol:

j2chulo 07-04-2006 05:41 PM

Def but i believe the 3.3 engine had being out. The 3.3 jato its already out. it look sweet. but for now i gotta be happy with the 2.5. about taking it back to the guy.. yeha but everytime i called him he said i gotta leave the car there cause he's busy and cant do it that day. i don't want to leave it there cause it will take him a while to do it for me. the first time he did it for me it was cause i had bought it the day before from their hobby shop

MetallicaJunkie 09-16-2006 05:35 PM

no one else has any thoughts about the jato 3.3?

im planning on buying one

any other suggestions in the 500 dollar range

Nitroaddicts 09-16-2006 06:42 PM

i just seen one for sale some where for $150 i think?

MetallicaJunkie 09-17-2006 04:26 AM

that sounds nice but hard to believe, i would prefer a new rtr

maxxteezy 09-17-2006 10:06 AM

I just bought a jato 3.3, and I also own a tmaxx 3.3, and my tmaxx has about 5x's more grunt than my jato. I don't know if it just hasent been broken in and loosened up good enough yet, but I thought that it would go a little harder. I cant even get it to shift out of 1st gear! Let alone wheelie! Do they make a better braking system for the 3.3?

maxxteezy 09-18-2006 02:10 PM

ok, I take all of that back. I'm sorry jato, please don't fly away! a 4 wheeled rocket.

MetallicaJunkie 09-20-2006 01:42 AM

so does yur jato do wheelies now

maxxteezy 09-20-2006 08:50 AM

Does it wheelie? I had to tune everything down to keep it from wheelieing too much. I dig this car. I wish that I had people to drag with in carrollton tx.

KAIMANA 10-11-2006 05:30 PM

Jato for racing .........?

Thai3g_Eclipse 10-11-2006 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by KAIMANA
Jato for racing .........?

Negative ghostrider.

crazyjr 10-11-2006 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Thai3g_Eclipse
Negative ghostrider.

Negitive to that. The Jato is as raceable as any truck available with the right parts. My current Jato is set up for legal racing

Single speed conversion
OS .12 rt engine
Traxxas Jato resonator pipe
With the proper parts, the Jato is as good as anything out there. (haven't seen the GT2 yet)

Thai3g_Eclipse 10-11-2006 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by crazyjr
Negitive to that. The Jato is as raceable as any truck available with the right parts. My current Jato is set up for legal racing

Single speed conversion
OS .12 rt engine
Traxxas Jato resonator pipe
With the proper parts, the Jato is as good as anything out there. (haven't seen the GT2 yet)

That's kind of obvious, isn't it? Obviously you can make anything race worthy by stripping out the parts and replacing it with aftermarket. How about trying running a RC10GT/XXX-NT and a Jato right out of the box? I don't see how it's considered for racing when you have to plop down nearly $500 for the car, another ~$150 for a decent small block motor, ~$60 for pipe, and another ~$60 for tires/wheels? In the end, you will ultimately paid much more in doing that than getting an Associated or Losi truck.

I know very well about this truck, I had one and tried racing it.

http://img270.echo.cx/img270/7782/dcp00012sr.jpg

I was lucky enough to even be allowed to run with other nitro stadium trucks, because of the 2 speed and 2.8" wheels. This is one of those trucks that is more suited to do speed runs around the neighborhood and wow the friends and neighbors.