R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-09-2006, 07:59 PM   #46
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

See some of my concerns are things like(yes some people put on the big bore shocks)so what is wrong with the stock shock and are the big bore ones really the ones you need to be competitive.I do know that it all comes down to the driver as I have learned with my GT.When I raced my GT everyone was starting to get the LOSI itch and everybody switched.I new that the LOSI platform was better but I still did ok at the races but maybe if I had the LOSI I could have dominated.
motomanpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:00 PM   #47
Trader Rating: 144 (99%+)

I'm running the stock shocks, and it does juuuuuust fine....

Oh, and I also still race the Rc10GT too, never jumped on the Losi bandwagon, neither did Tebo, or the other guys that are still dominating with the GT...

WYLDTHING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:13 PM   #48
Tech Regular

well motoman i second that the stock shocks are just fine and everyone seemed to jump on the big bores because everyone else did. they are completly unneccesary but i will buy aftermarket shocks designed for the hyper 8 when they come out.

thats the problem with the r/c market is everyone thinks having this or that part or car or whatever will make you dominate and the fact is, it is the DRIVER not the car. travis amezcua has made some a-mains with the hot bodies buggy, if you asked anyone they would tell you not to buy that buggy. losi has re-issued the xx-4 a car designed "gulp" almost 10 years ago. losi has also re- issued the xx-cr two models back from there latest and greatest. and remember all those graphite parts that were supposed to make you dominate. their new cars no longer feature it.

i'am not trying to spend your money i'am just telling you my experience with the hyper 8 but the reason i bought my hyper 8 was when i first saw it i said that car looks dialed i have to have one. if there is any car that stands out like that for you thats the one you should buy hands down. they are all good and they are all capable of winning in the right hands.
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:30 PM   #49
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

Just see what wins the worlds, that coming up pretty soon. Buy whatever wins!
•Brad Comis
WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 09:09 PM   #50
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks guys,Ya real funny wheel nut.This is somewhat serious for me as I want no excuses like well I have a ____ and it is not as good as a ____.I was going to order___ in the morning but no one buggy really stands out to me so maybe cheaper is best for now!
motomanpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 09:58 PM   #51
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

The best way to purchase a car is to go to your local track and see what they run there. If you have trouble with something then there will always be some one who should know how to deal with the problem. As far as parts quality is concerned. Personaly I would go with the xb8-tq. or the mugen mbx-5 pro-spec. These two platforms have been on the market for a little while and they are virtualy bullet proof and wear incredibly well now. The xb8-tq can be found for around $575 new&shipped. The mbx-5 pro-spec runs for around $610 shipped.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:13 PM   #52
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

^^^^what he said^^^^

That and consider buying a used buggy with a good supply of spares. Let someone else take the depreciation hit. You get a good car with spares for a cheap price and if you don't like it, you can always sell it and try another for almost nothing.

If you buy a used high quality car, you're never going to really lose value...you can always sell it for what you pay for it. I bought my Mugen that way and it's worked out really well.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote