Community
Wiki Posts
Search

jato wing.. HOW?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by IMPACTPLAYR
Actually I would look at a set of Losi XXX wingstays and a Kyosho Mini Inferno or Duratrax Vendetta wing... much more scale look
thank you!

someone relized that i want a wing on the back and pointed me where to start! not that it might not me nice looking or that a jatos not for me, etc.

(its about time!)
Old 06-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jake Y.
instead of trying to change this guys mind and giving him repetitive advice he obviously doesnt want, how bout answering his question. what most people do is the take a whole 1/8th buggy wing setup and drill holes in the shock tower to bolt it on.. you can also fashion an aluminum plate and fit it to that.

and thanks jake
Old 06-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

The wing for a b3 would be another good option that would be super easy to mount up.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well if your going to put a 1/8th buggy wing on it DO NOT mount it to the shock tower alone, that would last about 1 flip and the tower would break off. A B4 wing mounted up somehow would probably work better for a 1/10th car. I don't know how you'd mount it, thats up to you to figure out. Look at a bunch of pictures of different cars and they're wing mounts and see which one looks like it could fit and order that one. Then come up with some kind of mounting system. Not many people have put 1/8th buggy wings onto 1/10th GT's. Although a buddy of mine did it on his GT easily with an Ofna Ultra wing mount, but eh RC10GT is a totally different truck than the Jato, so yeah....
Old 06-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

How about a Jammin CRT wing, they are narrower than the 1/8 buggy wings, and might fit the Jato a little better. Another good option for mount is the Mugen wing mount, it is narrower, and works well, and might work better with the Jato Shock Towers, not to sure never seen them. Plus if you are jumping and bashing the Jato, a wing is a SUPER body protector, and motor protector. I have landed my T-Maxx on the wing TONS of times, and have scuffed the wing, and kind of bent the front body mounts, but that is it.
HTH
Rod