R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-04-2006, 08:42 AM   #31
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dirt-Racer

Originally Posted by HVAC25000
Yes, FBR, you did. I don't enjoy being accused of doing things (especially being rude) I didn't do. I don't think anyone likes being accused of doing things they didn't do, unless that thing they are being accused of is a good thing. People do it a lot to me because they don't stop and think that just MAYBE I don't mean to come across as offensive, and that they are just imagining that I'm being snippy or whatever because they don't understand the way I talk. BTW, from now on, instead of sticking your fat nose where it doesn't belong, let people fight their own battles. If Maxxcrazy had gotten offended by what I said, that's his battle, not yours. For all we know he may have understood that I was asking a freaking question, not being mean.

Wish I'd been warned that dirtracer1 is a douchebag.... I'd have pre-ignored him. Oh well, better late than never.

Trust me, you make a real big effort being rude and come off accross as some idiot who dont know squat, your all in to this cheap talk just to portray of knowing something and get all self righteous ignorant bigot. Not only do you do it here but also on other forums, you wont get far from doing what you do on my website. Your full of crap. Why dont you just end it and jump off the cliff or something. Cant be easy being a bullied depressed kid who clearly needs stronger medication to control his anger everytime you jump on the keyboard can it? Go on do the right thing and rid yourself off the pain. Jump!!!
Dirt-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:21 PM   #32
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Step pin fronts

Front step pins for a 4MOD are not hard to make, just a little time consuming.

The best tire I have found to make them out of is the Losi buggy rear step pins.

Start by cuting a strip out of the center of the tire. You will see a rib down the center of the tire wher the two halfs of the mold come together. Take two rows of pins out of the inside half and one row of pins out of the outside half. The staggered rows make perfect cuting lines, make long cuts with your sissors so the edges are flat and even to be glued back together.

When gluing them back together, take your time. I use Losi treadlock glue and start with just a drop on one side. Hold the tire togethere and get the tread pattern lined up. Do a small section at a time, about 1/4" so you can keep the two halfs of the carcass lined up and even.

When they are done they will look like Losi Made them

1 Xtreme R/C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:47 PM   #33
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

That's so damn cool..

I've heard of people "making" tires before...never seen it.

Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:45 PM   #34
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

OK, so your pics gave me the confidence to try it. It didnt actually take that long, the glue is a little sloppy, but not bad for my first tire narrowing (in my opinion of course)

Muswagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:19 PM   #35
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I also lined up the pins closest to each other on accident! I just realized that. Oh well, they wear out so fast on my track, I will just make them better next time!
Muswagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:17 AM   #36
Tech Legend
Trader Rating: 205 (100%+)

I think I may give this a try too. Really good article.
< Durango DEX8, DESC410V2, DEX410V5>
< Team Associated RC10B6D>
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:13 AM   #37
Tech Adept

good job on the tires guys and good instructions
FBR is offline   Reply With Quote