Wiki Posts
Search

New Team Magic Buggy!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 03:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
WildChild - We'll see what happens on the track..!
LOL...i have been making people laugh with that one...it might be a descent buggy...but on a real note...i think i am gonna take the summer off...its just too much with a crotch rocket and this hobby...one has to give and i have been riding longer than i have been racing...
Old 06-02-2006, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Ok part 2. check the gearbox and braking system. Vented, staggered diameter brake discs with the famous K factory carbon metallic brake pads with return springs. To adjust the brake bias you just need to tweek the brake pad screws a little. Quick change diff to boot and protected from rocks. No need to buy aftermarket brake pads and discs with this car. Also appears the drive gear is hardened ST steel and ventilated to reduce rotating weight.

the second hand drawing gives a better idea of what the car will look like. you can see the single center wing mount and fuel tank layout.

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/newsf...02170600-56526

Last edited by Motorman; 06-02-2006 at 05:14 AM.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Wow !!! ... just ... WOW !!! ...
Old 06-02-2006, 05:51 AM
Tech Adept

Expect a revolution like the Revo was to monster trucks! The factory has given us a tenative release date of sometime in september. We plan to have the car on display at the I Hobby Show in chicago. I also wanted to toss this out. Most of the On Road guys know this now but the off road guys who have no knowlege of Team Magic should know that Team Magic and K factory are the same company.

Last edited by Motorman2; 06-02-2006 at 06:09 AM.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Diff

I thought that was a short turnbuckle between the brake actuators. If it was, wouldn't that make bias a little easier to adjust correctly? And I'm not sure I like the brake assemblies slammed to the chassis. A lot of dirt,fuel,messy business accumilates down there.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:05 AM
Tech Adept

It is a one piece link. but your right it could be converted to a turnbuckle easily for adjusting the brake bias. I do know that with the K factory type brakes that once you get them set they stay the same. These are a must have for our on road cars. I know the factory is working hard to design the car so a minimum of dirt and debris can enter the chassis. It looks like the car is going to be very narrow. Time will tell as to how the body fits to the chassis.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

The buggy center diff does look very nice.

any Hello D. Richey.

i have not talked to you in about 5 years or longer.

It was back in the day when you did bess v01b motor.

i can not wait to see more of the buggy.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

hey man hows it going. TM decided it was time to progress beyond the single car they manufacture. As for more of the car, you and me both, we've been talking to them about it since feb, but even as one of their distributors they have been tight lipped about it. It would not suprise me if this thing has torsens in it and booted CVD's to. (They have not said so in any way so don't take that as it will) but given this whole next level thing they have been on it would not suprise me at all. They have said the suspension and shock tower mounting will be unique. The new G4S on road car has been nothing short of stellar so far so given that I have high expectations.

By the way where is Bess. Man he's been awol. Is he still at RC Car?
Old 06-02-2006, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Our Baby boy has grown up DR. ahahha

he is now the chief editor of RC car.

Stephen Bess:
Looking forward to an awesome 2006 year for RC Car magazine! Make
sure to drop in here and share your thoughts/questions/feedback about
the mag any time.

My email is [email protected] for any RC Car magazine emails you'd
like to send away from this conference. Feel free to email me any time.

shoot him e-mail sometime.

SO, D you are going to start playing in the dirt now. hahah

And are you still doing the cmb motors too?

Also, have you seen the ops motors or the Radical R/C Engines?
both or made by ops
http://www.internet-rc.com/rarcraencoso.html

Well keep us posted about the buggy.

It is just crazy now. back in the day it was like what 2 real race buggies.

now we have what 10 lol.. and more to come...

take care James Dibble OKC
Old 06-02-2006, 07:53 AM
Tech Adept

Dibble I got his office number and have sent him emails. He's awol man, has been for a couple months. I was going to start a Where's Bess thread. LOL

Dirt Looks like so! Gonna have to if were importing it
Old 06-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looks to me the next generation of buggies are starting to surface.

It'll be interesting to how fast the other buggy manufacturers follow suit.

-Seann
Old 06-02-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

the gear box is impressive

but the scratch work bring some doubts.
1. I saw a center mount fuel tank on the top. it probably rise CG and alter the left-to right ballance ,

2. Single mounted wing?!! it probably snap in a single flip regardless what material used

anyway, scratch isn't trust worthy.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

the Sidorf R1 in eurpe uses a single wing mount, and they dont have issues with it,
Old 06-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BILL BLAZE
With alll the new 1/8 out and the ones that are coming out soon, I have to admit 1/8 scale is starting to get real tempting to me .
Me too, I strongly agree with that because it has been tempting me for quite a while but it's like so many electric projects going on with a mini and t4 and stuff, plus for these 1/8 nitro buggies, buying them new means surrendering your wallet over, especially to those who want the M1 too, they'll all be buying it brand new for huge bucks, but I can't blame anyone who has the money to buy one. This leaves me a little bit hanging, I've been trying to save up a few for a Jammin 1/8 (performed A+ in buggy shootout on rc411.com) but buy the time I've saved up the cash the M1 will be out anyway so I have something to shoot for with better options.

I like the approach team magic took with this one. And that drawing, things like that look good and sound good and tease you build up so much hype. I don't know if there are any fellow xbox gamers on here but this is a similar approach to halo 2 lol, release drawings of something new and give enough info just to tease, and that sold over 4 million copies so yeah that works.

And yes, I am too wowed by this.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:19 PM
Tech Adept

AE Guy
time will tell. I know they did alot of homework. I also know that once it is released it will be a long running upgradable car. This is one of the things that takes TM so long. They are always thinking about how to make the best they can, but ensure that the car can have a long life so your wallet isn't killed by complete obsolesence of your spare parts if the model is upgraded. Look at the G4, yes it has had several incarnations but its been an evolutionary car since 2000. In 2000 it was revolutionary for a 200mm sedan and still a majority of the suspension components from 2000 can retrofit the 2006 car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.