New Team Magic Buggy!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Team Magic Buggy!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

I should be getting these upgrade packages very soon for the guys who bought kits for our online shop. We have a bunch of parts and the car in stock. We have a smoking deal on the car. It's a very popular seller.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Australia has just received their Upgrade Packages, i am very impressed. Makes for a near perfect car, all those little issues that you just worked around are now fixed.

Im sure the rest of you guys will get your very soon.

Ari
Old 02-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So how is everyone liking this buggy??? Does it llike to be driven hard? Handle good? VEry intersted in possibly racing this year with this buggy... I just dumped my Losi 8ight.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OLD 69
Australia has just received their Upgrade Packages, i am very impressed. Makes for a near perfect car, all those little issues that you just worked around are now fixed.

Im sure the rest of you guys will get your very soon.

Ari
congradultions ari on your 4th place at the nationals that was a great result in what was the most competative race australia has seen for a while,it looks like your m1 went well you actually got me mine through jeff harmon up here at traxside brisbane(its awesome thank you)how did yours hold up
Old 02-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitdog
congradultions ari on your 4th place at the nationals that was a great result in what was the most competative race australia has seen for a while,it looks like your m1 went well you actually got me mine through jeff harmon up here at traxside brisbane(its awesome thank you)how did yours hold up
No probs pit dog, good luck with it, im sure you will do well. Throw my setup on it an you will be fast Check with Jeff, your upgrade package should have arrived.

I broke a c-hub and that was it, everything else held up. One tip that i would recomend to everyone is to get yourself the 3 degree rear toe blocks. The kit comes with 2 degree max standard and this is not enough for loose tracks.

Good Luck racing

Ari
Old 02-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello~Ari
I wish you don't mind I post your race report here

M1B 2007 Australian Nationals Race

When: February 7th to 11th

Where: Shepparton Radio controlled car club

Melbourne Australia

Why: Australian National titles

Stats and Facts:

2 practice heats (no open practice)

Six, 10 minute qualifying rounds.

30 Min Semi Finals

60 minute main final

102 buggies entered.

30 Degree Celcius average temp.

Rained hard just before our final.

As you all would already know the M1 was recently released by Team Magic, this buggy being the most innovative to date. As expected there has been plenty “arm-chair engineers” that have given their imput. The results below should put all the critics to rest.

Prior to going down to Shepparton we had 2 practice days and one club race. The car ran well throughout the practice days and with my new found engine I have had zero motor issues, which in the past has been my personal major flaw. During the first few practice sessions we found the car to have plenty of steering (too much for the bumpy track), and not enough traction on power out of most corners. Dialing the steering out was not much of an issue with heavier front diff oils, and slightly heavier shock oil. The rear grip was found by using 3degree toe blocks and zero anti squat. I personally think the 3 degree plate is a “must” on almost all tracks. We now have a reasonably setup car that was pulling some decent lap times on a rough track, which is usually the norm come finals time.

Down to Shepparton we went, new car a basic setup and a whole lot of hope. I personally had never been down to Shepparton before and this was going to be another hurdle.

Day One: Controlled practice of 2 ten minute sessions (cut down from 3) were run and one qualifier in the afternoon. After the first practice round I was quite happy with how everything went. For the second practice session I made a couple of changes and was faster again. Time for the first qualifier and this is where the nerves kick in, its time to produce the goods. Overall I finished third in the first qualifier, which I was pleased about.

Day two and more qualifying rounds, four to be exact. Finishing in the top 5 in all qualification heats including one round win has placed me in second position with one round remaining. No real changes were made to the car today besides shortening the rear link which seemed to lock the rear end of the car in more on the Blue Groove surface. Bumps had started to form but nit too many.

Day three and the last qualifying round, just had to put another solid run in to secure second on the grid and once again produced the goods, second was mine. Time to go home and fully rebuild the car as the top 3 placings go straight into the Main final. Rebuilding the car is essential not because the car needs it, but to make sure nothing goes wrong in the Main final.

After good nights sleep I feel a million dollars and you need to be. After all lower and Truggy finals were run it was time for the buggy main. RAIN RAIN RAIN just before our final, drenching the track. Back to our pit areas to make some changes. Inside Job tyres were glued up, as these do not hold as much dirt, a smaller clutch bell (13T) and raised the ride height. I was a bit behind the 8 ball here as we had not raced or run the car in these conditions, but you take what you can get.

Final: The first 10 minutes of the race I was cruising around in third position, the track was still very tacky and there was plenty of grip. 15 minute mark second place dropped out with a issue, I now found myself in second 11 seconds behind 1st place, the problem was the guy in third was catching. I started to push and made a couple of errors dropping back to third. 40 minute mark I droped back to 4th due to a couple more errors, I found that I was unable to push the car due to the amount of rear grip. 60 minutes and the race was over, the M1 finished and finished a strong 4th place. No breakages no problems just a strong run race.

I wish to thank Team Magic for producing the M1 Buggy I am confident with some more track time and development the car is more than capable of placing at the top of the table. Also wish to thank my Pit crew Ben Darley and Michael Zlotkowski for their ultra fast pit stops.

Here are the qualification round placings and finals times:

http://www.mdn.net.au/results.htm

Thanks to my Sponsors:

Team Magic

Proline

Boost Fuel

Race Paint

HEI International

Regards

Ari Bakla

Below are Ari Bakle' Setup Sheet in 2007 Australian Nationals Race

M1B 2007 Australian Nationals Dry Setup

M1B 2007 Australian Nationals Finals Setup
Old 02-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Here are a few pictures of my buggy.
Attached Thumbnails New Team Magic Buggy!-2007_0225m1b0003.jpg   New Team Magic Buggy!-2007_0225m1b0004.jpg   New Team Magic Buggy!-2007_0225m1b0005.jpg  
Old 02-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Tech Champion

congrats Ari. Nice run. bad rain. next time friend. i have not own M1B, but the 3 Deg block is a must for my own ride. i like grippy rear.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default cwn

big race this weekend http://www.canadianwinternationals.c...s/Default.aspx
gona drive the wheels of my m1b going 17 43 cluth spur combo should be able to kill the copetition whith my set up and will post vid after each day and lap times
Old 02-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

hey guys, excuse my ignorance but what's with the strange black plastic tank pull on the front? with such a nice buggy im definently assuming it has its purpose but it has been bugging me
Old 02-27-2007, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rdub202
hey guys, excuse my ignorance but what's with the strange black plastic tank pull on the front? with such a nice buggy im definently assuming it has its purpose but it has been bugging me
read HERE my friend. They call it anti-dust refilling cover!
Old 02-27-2007, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

haha of course, it had to be in the blog. i should have known.
i knew i was going to be humiliated

maybe i would have known if youre team magic article link was correct in your sig! it is just to the blog homepage. not to a specific article, if you werent aware sir.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:06 AM
Tech Champion

kekkekkee fixed!
still..u shud have checked in the blog 1st... u penalised. go at the corner..read the rcca mag!

thanks for the eye!
Old 02-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jfc_tech
kekkekkee fixed!
still..u shud have checked in the blog 1st... u penalised. go at the corner..read the rcca mag!

thanks for the eye!
i would go read rcca but i cant find the articles between all the ads. im an rc driver guy myself. i probably did read that in the initial update on the buggy, but with my Spatial intelligence (i learn by seeing and doing) it slipped my mind, see ya
Old 02-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

rc driver mag been late for 4 months here... damn supplier!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.