Electric 4wd

Old 05-25-2006, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HVAC25000
Don't durangos cost like 1000? and aside from that, aren't in production yet.
they arent ever going to be in production

Originally Posted by HVAC25000
The problem is, some children in here, like turbo joe, don't know how to properly disagree.
ya like YOU! everytime someone says something you dont like you get all pissed off. why dont you stop acting like a two year old?

Go play with your turbo economy cars, leave the real racers to the intelligent people
your one to talk! you get pissed over a freakin TOY car

My ignore list keeps getting longer and longer these days, lol
then leave
Old 05-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

How about this HVAC25000... Come on up to SoCal Raceway one Friday or so and watch...

Maybe RCdude will bring his BJ4 WE down and run. I will have my ZX5 as well as some others. And there's 3-4 other locals with BJ4 WEs. There are also plenty of XXX-4s.

I would offer to let you drive my ZX5, but considering you own a OFNA Ultra MBX and a modded mini inferno, I can't take the chance of letting you drive it.

BTW, where do you plan on "racing" the car you eventually choose?
Old 05-25-2006, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by killer89
Maybe RCdude will bring his BJ4 WE down and run.
ehhh socals sooo overrated and filled with hacks
Old 05-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcdude19641
ehhh socals sooo overrated and filled with hacks
Lol... You mean Bruce? He's the only one you know...

btw, it appears HVAC25000 has already owned a XXX-4 before... Why don't you like it HVAC25000?
Old 05-25-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

ive been goin to socal for a long time. i just go to hot rod a lot more. and yes bruce is a hack
Old 05-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Hey air conditioner...*you* don't have any opinions on it. *You* don't know squat. One guy says something about it being brittle, so you start repeating it like a) You know it...and b) It's true. Neither A or B are true.

That's the biggest problem with this web stuff...instead of people actually going out and trying stuff for themselves and learning for themselves, they substitute anecdotes for knowledge.

4wd mod cars get broken. When you start racing them, you'll learn that. They're all made from "plastic" (as you call it) and they all break, because they go really fast and they encourage agressive driving. Quit bad-mouthing cars you don't know squat about.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry...double post...it got hung up.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

+1 on th reasoning that all 4 mods break, they go REALLY fast, are very aggressive, and they have thin arms, of course they are going to break, are there very many rc cars that don't break, especially off road? I know I haven't broke anything on my predator lately, other than servo savers,
Rod,
Old 05-25-2006, 10:13 PM
FBR
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gatermaxx
+1 on th reasoning that all 4 mods break, they go REALLY fast, are very aggressive, and they have thin arms, of course they are going to break, are there very many rc cars that don't break, especially off road? I know I haven't broke anything on my predator lately, other than servo savers,
Rod,
uh the arms aren't really "thin" the cars have minimal kickup in the front try putting your wheeler next to you 2whl buggy or truck and you'll see the difference in kickup
Old 05-25-2006, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

They're "thin" compared to a 1/8th scale buggy...that's the problem...LOL...the chassis can write checks that the suspensions can't cash.

They go so stinkin' fast for their size, that they would need to be as beefy as a 1/8th scale to be as unbreakable as a 1/8th buggy...because they go just as fast.

I had decent luck with the XXX-4, but when it did break, it was $$$. I don't care about breaking a $2 c-hub when I smack a pipe. I broke two chassis on the XXX-4 at $55 each. When I broke the second one, I sold it and bought the Lazer.

I never broke the XXX-4 "bad", just the little corner deal, but it might as well be broken in half at that point. That and the piece of steaming dog crap one-way...what a joke that deal is. $27 a side...LOL...no thanks...
Old 05-25-2006, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So, it sounds like you've narrowed it down to 2 basic types of cars:
The great unknown (Yok) or shaft driven car like the BJ4.

On the BJ4 vs ZX-5 thing: Yes, if you want to buy a made in USA product, that decides it pretty handily. If that really doesn't matter, but you don't want to have to buy aftermarket parts to make it "durable" (which no 4mod really is once you slap a 9 turn in it), then the BJ4 is also the obvious choice. Another thing to think about is LiPo compatability. ZX-5 wins that one because it's not a saddle pack chassis. If price is king, it sounds like ZX-5 with aftermarket stuff and stock BJ-4 are very comparable. If this is the case, decide based on what seems to be the most successful (and popular) 4mod car at your track. That way, you can get setup tips instead of having to figure things out on your own. Unless you're a very good tuner, this is a VERY important factor. That also makes it easy to bum parts (and help others if they need parts) on race day if you need to.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey guys I've been spending some time on my SB V2, and so far the car is great! The arms are super beefy and the hubs/spindles are similar to the size of an 1/8th scale. The car has a bunch of tuning options and parts are easy to get and cheap! The only thing I would recommend about this car is that you get the factory team shocks and tierods. Another nice thing about the car is that it is very similar to the BJ4, which we all know is a winning platform. I'm sure if you get this car that you will be more than happy. Good luck on you decision.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default hey rcdude

u know im tired of people like rcdude little smart a** with nothin better to do but act like they got all the knowledge but wanna try and knock other people. i got one thing to say toi u type of people u are pathetic i ask a few questions on hear not to long ago and all i got was smart a** answer's like his. and the truth of it is i used to race moto and supercross and broke my back now i cant do too much anymore so this is a way of still doin the thing i dreamed about as a kid. and ill tell u what if u was to show up to the motocross track on race day i bet nowone would treat u liek a new first comer actually they would be greatfull u know why cause for ever single person that joins a sports it makes it that much more competative and that much more fun u know soemthing to look forward to every weekend so before u get all tech i know everything think about this who u gonna educate next week with your smart a** comments no ne cause no one will want to join anything like what u try and present.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

ryhmster- first off i wasnt being a smart ass. there was a thread about this just a couple weeks ago and i told him to use the search button, and if you read the whole thread you would notice that after he got all pissed off i apoligized and showed him the thread and gave him lots of info. second i dont know if you noticed but look at the sticky at the top of the forum, the video about posting a new thread. it says to do a freakin search. and third i wasnt saying anything to you so why do you have to get all pissed? next maybe you should read the whole thread because this guy is being a jackass to everyone who gives him info on cars. and last learn to spell and use grammer.

oh and your quite hypocritical
Old 05-26-2006, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Looks like the ROAR minumum weight for a 4wd buggy is 1613g...mine is 1532g.

Still waiting to hear anybody else's weights...

Last edited by Turbo Joe; 05-26-2006 at 09:42 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.