Community
Wiki Posts
Search

pit boxes and/or organizers

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

Default pit boxes and/or organizers

Hey guys, I am just getting into the actuall driving/racing part of this hobby and find that I need to get my stuff organized . As for now I am just throwing everything in a cardboard box and heading to the track.
I would like to see some pics or have some suggestions made of what really works well to keep all your stuff organized. possibly some links to different products.

thanks
Old 05-21-2006, 06:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

yeah, I too would like some recommendations.. My little Rubbermaid storage bin was cool at first, but I'm finding that I need to bring more and more with me to the track. Are there "car carriers" for 1/8 scale stadium trucks?
Old 05-21-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

yes there are many types of carriers, but I have this one and many people at my local track have them too. They are expensive at first, but they make up the cost instantly with their cargo capacity and ease of use.

here
Old 05-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

I think he means something more like this....

http://www.ofna.com/shop-bag.html
Old 05-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Wow... you have great timing. We just finished decoration ours with stickers. We have every major company, and even some ones you've never heard of before! I'll get some pics tomorrow if all goes good.

Try to get one with a handle and wheels... kind of like a carry on luggage bag for frequent flyers... but made from impact resistant ABS plastic to save weight, and tons of detatchable parts trays and portable tool caddy's. Then when you go to leave you can put all your tools in it, snap all your parts trays back into place, and place your cars on top with the wheels straddling the fold out handle as you carry the entire thing out to your car.

Depending on what I run, I have different pit boxes for the different tracks I visit. One for on-road oval, one for off-road trucks, and one for nitro stuff. Then I have thousands of other tools and accesories that stay at home all the time with all my spare parts for everything. When you accumulate 26 cars you tend to also gain parts and tools pretty quickly.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Tech Adept

cool , cant wait to see the pics,
Old 05-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by GregH

wow! That Ofna bag is pretty sweet. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

this is what most of the pros (cavalieri, truhe, maifield, etc.) use when flying places but they are good all around.

container
Old 05-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

This is what I use https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=ns&pn=SWK9904. I also use a Plano tackle box for tools and parts. It's handy to help keep my lathe and dyno in one piece. There is a 1/8 version of the bag also. I also have the detachable radio bag that matches it perfect.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:55 PM
Tech Adept

nice nice
Old 05-22-2006, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GregH

those hauler bags are nice, but try to keep them upright in the trunk of your car. You can't. I personally don't want something that large in my back seat unsecured either.

With that stanley chest, you can break it down into 3 seperate boxes, perfect if you have a tonneau cover on your truck (like me) or you want to put everything in the trunk of your car. I don't think you want to be putting a bag like that on its backside to fit it in your trunk, with all your fragiles in it, now would you?
Old 05-22-2006, 09:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by o.s. power
those hauler bags are nice, but try to keep them upright in the trunk of your car. You can't. I personally don't want something that large in my back seat unsecured either.

With that stanley chest, you can break it down into 3 seperate boxes, perfect if you have a tonneau cover on your truck (like me) or you want to put everything in the trunk of your car. I don't think you want to be putting a bag like that on its backside to fit it in your trunk, with all your fragiles in it, now would you?

Would a 1/8 stadium truck fit in any of the bins on this thing? I'm not sure if the bins are partitioned or not, hence my question. If I can fit my truck in there, I'm going to Home Depot after work and getting this thing.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by o.s. power

I don't have a problem with mine falling or anything. Of course I do put my Plano next to it.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here's the box that I use. it's a little more expensive than some of the other ones on the market, but the guy who designs/builds them is local to me so I decided to support the little guy. I can fit all of my vehicles except my Revo in it, and I am never looking for anything. the thing holds a metric ton of crap.

http://www.rcprobox.com

Old 05-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jmorrison518
Here's the box that I use. it's a little more expensive than some of the other ones on the market, but the guy who designs/builds them is local to me so I decided to support the little guy. I can fit all of my vehicles except my Revo in it, and I am never looking for anything. the thing holds a metric ton of crap.

http://www.rcprobox.com

and you haul that to the track??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.