ITS SAD IM A NOOB AND NO ONE WILL HELP HOW IS THIS GREAT SPORT SPOSE TO GROW

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

$110- towerhobbies
Old 05-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

the CV-R is the best bang for the buck....
Old 05-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

rhymster-I would look into the O.S. as well.
Great Performance,Easy to tune and parts are readily available.
Didnt mean to be harsh above but you just went about it the wrong way.
Since you have cooled out I hope you enjoy the hobby once you get this motor deal worked out.
When breaking in the motor FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.It's very important.

Les
Old 05-16-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Addict

rhymster........you are a noob. you said so.....so there is no denying it, your a noob. there is a very high probability that you will screw up extremely badly if you try to buy something that is out of your driving/tuning abilities. it is ALWAYS advisable to start out with a simple, yet reliable engine for your skill level......ie, noobieness. myself, along with several others have more than strongly tried to steer you in the right direction, yet you don't seem to really want to listen to our advice.
myself, i've been racing r/c in the neighborhood of 20 years now.....just about as long as you have been alive. that said, i race (and win) with an OS CV. i also have a mugen mt .12 motor (and it has an OS carb on it) for other than club level races......but i club/local race with an OS CV.....does that tell you anything? i've tried most all the rest (including picco's)...and trust me, for your skill level, the OS CV is right up your ally. if all your planning to do is club race, the OS CV is moooooooore than enough power for you. it is a very reliable, yet very capable and very competitive power plant.
please take our advice........race and learn with a CV for your first racing season. then, if you still feel the need to over power your xxx-nt, then go for something more complicated than a CV.
i've seen my fare share of noobies come into the sport only to jump in way above their head/level and instantly have to have the motor with the most power, or whatever it is that they think is the cool factor du jour...only to wind up getting frustrated and quit the sport.
i'm not trying to be harsh here, or harp on you......i'm (we) are trying to give you the help that you asked for.
there is nothing more frustrating than a noobie that screams for help, then refuses to listen. so listen.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thanks for all the input im not totally a noob just to the racing scene. i think that os sounds like a good deal though much cheaper than the sirio.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

funny thing about too much power...

1. you break more parts...
2. you are slower around the track...

i run 1/8...i have an RB Concept C5 on my buggy and i love the power but its too much for the track i run at...thats why i am going down to the WS7 2...

tons of power is great but simple is better...i have raced the first 2 weeks at my local track and havent broke anything...not counting rotted fuel line...and that has been my high point of the year...i have finished 4th both times...and i know less power will help on this track...

WELCOME to RACING...i think its way more fun than bashing...