Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1-CR FTE vs Hobao Hyper 8

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

DavidKA, is that a pancake on a bunnies head (you avaitar)? everytime I see one of you posts it bugs me, please let me know.

There is a guy at our Track (dirtburner's St Louis) who put a Xray front end on his mugen and says he gets as much turning as a Jammin out of it. His results have gotten better because of it. If you can afford it, it could be worth a try. Just some food for thought.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Yeah, that's a pancake. The pic is too small so I put the quote from it in my signature. It makes me laugh.

No need for any more turn in on my X5, nothing turns under me unless I drive too wide.

Macnkitty, YGPM.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for all the info guys I think I am going with the hyper 8 and I didn't want to start a war between all you guys

thanks again guys
Norman
Old 05-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Tech Lord

No war here. It's all constructive. Make sure to read the Hyper 8 thread on this forum for tips. I have read that the H8 likes much lighter diff oils then other buggies which would've taken me a long time to figure out on my own. Lots of good setup tips there.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
the H8 seems to be getting some pretty good reviews so far. i think that the 8 would be a good buggy for beginners to learn to set up and eventually race. although the X1 can be a noob buggy too, it is better suited for the experienced racer.
I don't know if you have seen one yet, but the Hyper 8's tuning capabilities are more suited for the experienced racer..........not the noob.....Alot of stuff to get lost on that buggy.....

-Seann
Old 05-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

I've seen a few(about 3) hyper 8 at my local track and the first week that they were raced they all qualified in the A-main even though the winner was a Jammin FTE. One thing I noticed was the aggresive steering of the hyper 8 compared to the Jammin. Because my driving style is aggresive I am 90% going with the hyper 8...
Old 05-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Two guys at our track bought the Hyper 8 and both have sold them and went back to the Jammin. The Jammin box stock has a everything you need and can beat anything on the track. The fastest guys at our track also run the jammin so you know what the best setup is just by copying them.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Tech Adept

jammin has the longest wheel base of any of the currant cars 13.1 vs 12.8 that may be the reason they handle well. last year I set my hbpro2 at 13 with some mods (kcar rear arms) and it seemed to make it more stable at speed when its rough.

I watched the jammins run some of the fastest laps at our track the last race make me want one too. the track was very rough!!

I have not seen a hyper8 yet I like what I have seen in ads
Old 05-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

just to clarify the mugen is a great car just out of a lot of peoples price range, it is as capable as any on the track. i currently have a hyper 8 and can say it is definately not for noob's compared to the jammin. it has every setup option included in the box its easy to get lost, mainly there are three things you can change on the hyper 8 that you can't change on the jammin. front kick up, caster, and rear width. everything else is similar to the jammin. and if you were to set them up identical they would both feel very similar with the hyper 8 having a little more steering, but not being as stable. i have set mine similar to my older jammin buggy, and even had a jammin driver drive my car and he said it handled just like his. this makes me very happy because i paid almost $150 less and thats not including the pipe it comes with. only problem with hyper 8 is it hard to find setups as ofna does not support a "b team" like jammin. you can pretty much find a sponsored jammin driver at any track in the country. unless you race in southern ca. you will never be able to ask coleman, degani, or kortz about a local setup. i really hope that ofna takes some initiative and sponsors some local talent like the jammin team because the hyper 8 is a great car and it will be overlooked by a lot of racers because they may never see one win locally. (i guess there marketing department doesn't believe in win on sunday sell on monday). i know of at least one person who bought the car and sold it before ever putting the shocks together, and just like drkwng said a lot of guys buy them and sell them because they can't find setup information like there jammin and don't know how to set up the car themselves. so if anyone needs it i have a solid base setup for a hyper 8 and would be happy to give it out to anyone that needs it. sorry for such a long response.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rocket42
just to clarify the mugen is a great car just out of a lot of peoples price range, it is as capable as any on the track. i currently have a hyper 8 and can say it is definately not for noob's compared to the jammin. it has every setup option included in the box its easy to get lost, mainly there are three things you can change on the hyper 8 that you can't change on the jammin. front kick up, caster, and rear width. everything else is similar to the jammin. and if you were to set them up identical they would both feel very similar with the hyper 8 having a little more steering, but not being as stable. i have set mine similar to my older jammin buggy, and even had a jammin driver drive my car and he said it handled just like his. this makes me very happy because i paid almost $150 less and thats not including the pipe it comes with. only problem with hyper 8 is it hard to find setups as ofna does not support a "b team" like jammin. you can pretty much find a sponsored jammin driver at any track in the country. unless you race in southern ca. you will never be able to ask coleman, degani, or kortz about a local setup. i really hope that ofna takes some initiative and sponsors some local talent like the jammin team because the hyper 8 is a great car and it will be overlooked by a lot of racers because they may never see one win locally. (i guess there marketing department doesn't believe in win on sunday sell on monday). i know of at least one person who bought the car and sold it before ever putting the shocks together, and just like drkwng said a lot of guys buy them and sell them because they can't find setup information like there jammin and don't know how to set up the car themselves. so if anyone needs it i have a solid base setup for a hyper 8 and would be happy to give it out to anyone that needs it. sorry for such a long response.
Rocket42,

Constructive, very well put post.........

-Seann
Old 05-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Tech Lord

MBX5 kits are $449 new at several mail order shops, Prospecs are coming in just over $600 (check this out). Mugen's distributor dropped the price. Every other car on the market requires $40+ in new tires before it can be run competitively. A Mugen will also out last a Jammin by 2+ times.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

does the MBX come with wheels and tires? i might have missed that if you said it already.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Hey norman,

Keep me in mind when purchasing that new Hyper 8....I have one brand new with a custom painted body and an extra set of wheels....Ill even throw in an extra set of tires for those wheels....

Check www.rcexcitement.com for details. this is your home track correct?

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

David, I will have to make sure I turn under you at some point this weekend just because your picking on my car.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

Yes Crim3Wav3 or Doug RCE is my home track if you want you can send me PM with the pics.
thanks Norman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.