R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-09-2006, 06:40 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice
Default racing an lx comp

Alright guys, as you can clearly see by my post count I am new here. Now I do know a bit about nitro r.c. and modifieing the cars, but when it comes to this lx comp I have yet to see any in competition. I do know that the buggy itself is not a top choice when it comes to racing. Since the lx isnt a top choice I just would like to know what area's it falls short in, that make it so that it isnt a top choice.

The reason I am asking these questions is because me and a friend of mine are starting to race together and form somewhat of a team. I have a very dialed mammoth st and he of course will be driving the lx comp. So once again I would rly appreciate it if you guys could tell me in what areas the lx comp falls short in competition.

Thank you all
yungox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:17 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Lx comp is not race legal that why no one races it. .26 engine is not legal .21 only for racing gas tank 145cc not race legal only 125cc theres two reasons why people don't race lx comp. One more thing no one i know races RTRS
kahuna2793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:26 PM   #3
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

From what I've read before it's heavy and a bit lacking in the durability department. But if it's what ya got and you and your buddy want to race, hit the track. No reason to let the car stop you. As far as being race legal with the engine and tank as said above, that stuff only matters if you're going to a big race usually. I've yet to be at a club race where they've stopped and looked at somebodies car. What's the point anyways when half the guys are running $280 motors that will outrun many of the lesser bigger motors and be more fuel efficient anyways.

So what I'm saying is go racing, and have fun. If down the line you think the car is holding you back for whatever reasons then upgrade. Run what ya brung at first, it takes a couple years to learn how to get around the track good anyways. Have fun.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:30 PM   #4
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

1.) Durability (thin towers, shock shafts too narrow, weak plastic, weak-ass king-pin steering knuckles, etc)
2.) Its about as heavy as you'll ever see an 1/8th scale buggy
3.) its a "flexible flyer"...which could be good if run on a rough track.
4.) Sure, the fuel tank is illegal (145cc??)
5.) The "illegal" track width can be fixed by clipping the arms at the "normal" width holes....you can modify these arms to be legal (a nice feature)

I actually have one for sale if you want it....it was the first buggy I bought, and I only ran it for about 1 gallon. I quickly found it sluggish.
Crim3Wav3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 06:14 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

alright guys thanks. Thats the exact tyoye of info I needed. I am aware of the fact that nothing beats driving experience, but I am looking for how the cay is lacking in the technical department. Believe me I am not an r.c. newb as I have been involved with nitro r.c. since the age of twelve. My friend has been in it for one year shorter than me so that 4 and 3 years. We are still young so we dont have alot of money for top level cars and equipment, we are just trying to find a way to be competitive in all aspects of racing. Once again "thank you all" and I will definately still appreciate any input that anyone has.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:53 PM   #6
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tmaxxking
Default used

used is the only way to buy

ebay and this forum have enough used top notch stuff at great prices

with any rtr you will need to up grade the radio and servo's from day one

look into the hyper 7 there great for the money

and you can pick up a decent nib 21 for around $125.00

tmaxxking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:44 AM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the tip tmaxxking, but we are not looking for a new buggy or another buggy. We already have the lx comp and not alot of money to spend. The hyper 7 is a better buggy, but still is not top notch, so mechanically would still require modification, but I do still appreciate you taking an interest in my questions.