Community
Wiki Posts
Search

help on xb8

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 10:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default help on xb8

Hey, I just got my xb8 and fired it up today, it has the thaxt truggy conversion, also it has the rb tm928, my question this is my first truggy, and I was wondering if the exhaust pipe has a lot of smoke while its idleing, and it sounds like its reving, and when I throttle it, it smoke out my whole street, I've tryed adjusting the idle needle, but still the same, also I've adjust the hsn and it bogs or just cuts off.. Help please... new to truggies and want to start racing them.... it has the jp2 I think.... thanks
Old 11-23-2006, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

you could try richening up your bottom end needle a bit, "turn counter clock wise" that should take the idle down. aswell as add a bit more fuel so it doesn't smoke as bad. but smoke is good ,a bit of blue smoke is perfect, while it running. put your hand near the exhaust to see if your getting any oil spatters. It should be a fine mist of oil, not large blobs, if oil squirts out too much, then reverse the needle a bit!
Old 11-23-2006, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When you are adjusting ANY needle move them in VERY small increments! Yes if idling and the idle is too high you can adjust the idle down but first thing you do is adjust the HSN (high speed needle) once you have the engine tuned for the high speed then adjust the LSN but be very careful cause if you adjust too much you may run too rich. Counter clock wise is leaning clockwise is richening and if you are putting out too much you can lean so its not flooding itself hence the massive amounts of smoke when you clear out the engine with WOT. But always keep close eye on your temps. How many tanks of fuel do you have through it?
Old 11-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default hey

it has had 2 gallons through it, i got it from someone on rctech, he said he changed the rod and wrist pin so i had to breakin the rod and wrist pin with a tank of fuel... i have to fire it up today and try what you guys have said... thanks agin mann