Search

CONVERSION

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default CONVERSION

Hi,
I have a Kyosho V One rolling chassis which I would like to convert to an off roader. What parts would I need for this ? Would they mainly be suspension parts ? What is the difference in wheelbase between an on road car and an off roader ? Also, Is there a suitable VW Beetle / Bug bodyshell available for this car.

Thanks,
32819toon
Old 04-30-2006, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 32819toon
Hi,
I have a Kyosho V One rolling chassis which I would like to convert to an off roader. What parts would I need for this ? Would they mainly be suspension parts ? What is the difference in wheelbase between an on road car and an off roader ? Also, Is there a suitable VW Beetle / Bug bodyshell available for this car.

Thanks,
32819toon

its gona cost u ALOT more money and TIMe to build ur Vone into an offroader and ALOT more cash to replace torn up belts and chewed up pulleys....belt driven vehicles DONT LIKE DIRT....just go buy an offroader like a mini T or a mini LST....im getting mine 2day ! cant wait !!! or go buy a hpi savage.....its the best truck on the market
Old 04-30-2006, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Not cost effective...at all. Just buy a nice off road car.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

I wouldn't say that it is completely un reasonable to want to convert a touring car type vehicle into a sort of truck... I did the same to my HPI RS4 rally... only the rally has longer shocks as stock.

It is belt driven, but it stands up to off roading fine so far, while having that good touring car handling on road. just clean it after you drive it. also, putting a stadium truck body on it helped to keep alot of the dirt that the (bigger) HPI super nitro rally tires kicked up from just blowing around under the body. looks cool too.

Shaft drive would be easier to maintain, and you may be better off simply getting a purpose built truck, (I may soon too) but this works for me. see it here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...y&memid=214142
Old 05-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Tech Addict

Default Conversion

Hi again,
Thanks for the advice. I am thinking about this as I bought the car very cheaply and want to do something with it. I am not wanting to turn it into a monster truck, just something to use on grass and dirt track. I want to lift the height up and put some off road wheels on. I also like off roaders with Beetle bodyshells on. I just want to have a bit of fun with it with the kids.

Thanks again,

32819toon
Old 05-03-2006, 01:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 32819toon
Hi again,
Thanks for the advice. I am thinking about this as I bought the car very cheaply and want to do something with it. I am not wanting to turn it into a monster truck, just something to use on grass and dirt track. I want to lift the height up and put some off road wheels on. I also like off roaders with Beetle bodyshells on. I just want to have a bit of fun with it with the kids.

Thanks again,

32819toon

if u wana go on grass n stuff just raise it all the way up n use some super size 1/10 scale rims n tyres.......cheapest way to go...my mates done it to his fw05s and its crazy on dirt and grass and even some biggish rocks....
Old 05-05-2006, 01:39 AM
Tech Addict

Hi,
Thanks ProudSavageOwner. When you talk about raising it up, do you mean putting longer , off road shocks on it ?