Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New GT??

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I finally understand the engine. Sweet ass truck they have here. But why not a 7075 chassis for the FT.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Not even this new Gt-2 will help save the 1/10 ...

The tracks are being torn to pieces by the 1/8th scales , no way 1/10 will be regain its popularity as long as the tracks have the 1/8th`s running on um....
Did I miss a post?? Who said it was going to save the 1/10 scale?

At my track, the 1/10 scale has regained some popularity in the last year.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:20 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Looks like an Ad2 with T4 front end. Tranny has a stepped idler like Losi. Radio box like Losi. Reciever box like Losi. Chassis like Losi. I wonder if they secretly bought a Losi to copy it? Topdeck like...Associated needs to be a lil more innovative...The 1st GT had a unique design to it. Yes it was the 1st gas race truck but no one made a clone like that. Kyosho, Losi, Mugen were all diff. from it. This one is like a copy.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
Looks like an Ad2 with T4 front end. Tranny has a stepped idler like Losi. Radio box like Losi. Reciever box like Losi. Chassis like Losi. I wonder if they secretly bought a Losi to copy it? Topdeck like...Associated needs to be a lil more innovative...The 1st GT had a unique design to it. Yes it was the 1st gas race truck but no one made a clone like that. Kyosho, Losi, Mugen were all diff. from it. This one is like a copy.
The engine configuration is different, the clutch is unique and the T4 front end. Its not a copy IMO.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:04 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

yeh the little differences...
Old 05-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

i talked with some AE guys and heres what they said. the car has been in the design stage for more that 2 years, and thats only when they started drawing up stuff. they set out to improve on the original but found it hard to because the GT is winning races like crazy. they said it looks like a losi because theres only so many wats to design a car, like onroad what works, works. they said the car has more on power steering and the suspension is more plush and jumps and lands better. then one thing they are worried about is some people wont buy the car because they dont want to have to buy all new rear tires. the quick change is supposed to be an improvement over the losi because of the dimple like connectors. for those complaining about no NTC4 they have put it lower on the list because nitro on-road isnt as popular. they did say they will be working on a new buggy, an 1/8th and a 4wd 1/10th buggy. when you see the car in person it looks ALOT cooler. they said they were having problems with the bulkhead and it is now alu. also the car will be available in late july and it will be FT to start off. ok. im done now

Last edited by Chris Jarosz; 05-07-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cant say im too happy with this design. Not saying its not going to be great, but the best part of a GT (besides being fast) is that they are 100000x easier to work on than a Losi. I think with the upper level design it makes the car ALOT harder to work on. Now if that doesnt bother you.....(doesnt bother me enough not to buy one) it will most likely be the faster car you have ever driven.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Its the little things that count.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcdude19641
i talked with some AE guys and here what they said. the car has been in the design stage for more that 2 years. and thats only when they started drawing up stuff. they set out to improve on the original but found it hard to because the GT is winning races like crazy. they said it looks like a losi because theres only so many wats to design a car, like onroad what works, works. they said the car has more on power steering and the suspension is more plush and jumps and lands better. then one thing they are worried about is some people wont buy the car because they dont want to have to buy all new rear tires. the quick change is supposed to be an improvement over the losi because of the dimple like connectors. for those complaining about no NTC4 they have put it lower on the list because nitro on-road isnt as popular. they did saw they will be working on a new buggy, an 1/8th and a 4wd 1/10th buggy. when you see the car in person it looks ALOT cooler. they said they were having problems with the blukhead and it is now alu. also the car will be available in late july and it will be FT to start off. ok. im done now
Boo ya!!
Old 05-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

this truck looks great to me... i dont know why some of you guys are disappointed? would you rathr have them not make a new one then???

if i get back into 1/10th racin i know what im getting, it will be the GT2, to bad you gotta wait have the summer to get one now.

o-well the wait will be well worth it i think!!!

LaTa JoSh
Old 05-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yup, the wait gives me time to save up for it...
Old 05-07-2006, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

gives me time to convince my parents i need a new GT! then when the 1/8th comes out i gotta convince them that 1/8th is fun
Old 05-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdude19641
then when the 1/8th comes out i gotta convince them that 1/8th is fun
Thats easy...It is...Buggy or Truggy the two funnest cars in RC...IMHO..
-Shookie <><
Old 05-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

LOL i guess suspension is an insignificant difference
Old 05-07-2006, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

And the T4 looks like the MF2, since when has there been an RC release in the last 3 years (besides the Revo) that hasnt looked kinda like something else. Saying they the only differences are little things is stupid, sure a Subaru impreza 2.5 looks alot like the STI version, but its the little things that make the biggest differences.

The T4 kicks ass and so will this truck, the suspension looks like it was pretty much lifted right off it, including the back! Those looks just like T4 arms, but mirrored, T4 like shock tower, T4 hubs, T4 mounts, not Losi like at all! The only Losi similarities are in the middle, which is fine, I mean how many different ways can you layout a 1/10th truck (or 1/8th buggy, or 1/10 touring car, etc)? Not to many different ways. At least on the GT2 the brace screws are accesable from the top, not from in a tiny space beside the engine like on the NT. Plus note the wiring clips on the tranny, the disk brake behind the spur, the re-inforced front arms, aluminum front bulkhead, lots of nice stuff on there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.