Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New GT??

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

Maifield and Tebo's GT2 setup from Reedy Truck Race is online at the AE site.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Hey Jared,

What setup are you running for Aussie tracks? I'm in the process of getting mine together.

Any building or setup tips you can offer? Tires?

I'm thinking about using an OS TZ engine but haven't made the purchase yet.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The TZ is a wicked fast motor and would be a great choice. I have a TR but after seeing my frinds GT2 with a TZ I told myself that I will have one by summer time. As far a building tips, first and formost replace all the 2/56 button head screws including the ones for the nose brace.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Maybe its just me, but my gt2 feels like the clutch is slipping before im through a tank. The white plastic shoes really seem soft, and i only have roughly 10 tanks through it. Also, i cant find replacement shoes, so um, its buggin me. Making me think i should have stuck to losi
Old 12-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default slipping

I'm having the same issue with the slipping....mine slips like a mutha. I am no expert, but I've tried tightening down the slipper, and no result. The only other thing I can think of is the clutch shoes not gripping the inside of the clutch bell OR not having enough shims in the shaft.

any thoughts?
Old 12-11-2006, 03:05 PM
Tech Addict

Make sure the clutch bell is clean on the inside. Grease from the bearing can cause an issue, so use motor spray to clean the shoes and inside of the clutch bell.

We haven't had any clutch slipping problems once we got everything cleaned up.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hey,

Been running Losi Studs ( red ) and Boe Tie Tires.

Used to run blue front and silver rear springs. but found it grips better all round if u run silver all round.

Goodluck.
Run a shorter wheelbase to. Like bring the rear wheels closer to the front, using the shims on the hubs.

Goodluck.
JK
Old 12-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Well, i am ordering new clutch shoes, and a new bell. I am going to clean it with alot of motor spray, then scotch brite it a little to scuff the surface. I'm thinking about getting softer springs as well.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Considering buying a GT2. What I need to know though is, how similar does this truck behave compared the T4? (excluding the power delivery of the nitro motor of course) I ran a GT last year for one race and it was horrible (completely hopped up with all the stuff the team guys were running as well). If the GT2's handling is close to the T4's I think I will pick one, damn I love the T4! So good for me (got the 2 Canadian national wins to prove it ).
Old 12-12-2006, 12:52 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
Maybe its just me, but my gt2 feels like the clutch is slipping before im through a tank. The white plastic shoes really seem soft, and i only have roughly 10 tanks through it. Also, i cant find replacement shoes, so um, its buggin me. Making me think i should have stuck to losi
When you gun it or give it some gas on a strait, the engine revs up like something is sliping right?
I had the same problem but its was not the clutch. It was the diff. It was too loose. tighten that diff down some and you will see what I'm talking about.
Attached Thumbnails New GT??-dirtoval1rc10gt2.jpg  
Old 12-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WheelNut
Considering buying a GT2. What I need to know though is, how similar does this truck behave compared the T4? (excluding the power delivery of the nitro motor of course) I ran a GT last year for one race and it was horrible (completely hopped up with all the stuff the team guys were running as well). If the GT2's handling is close to the T4's I think I will pick one, damn I love the T4! So good for me (got the 2 Canadian national wins to prove it ).
Buy one you wont regret it. I have had several Losi guy comment on how my truck handles the jumps and corners. I am running on an indoor clay track (till summer) with a huge technical tripple. Several Losi gas trucks with the same motor that I have (OS .12tr) have tried the tripple and died horrible deaths. It is an awsome truck and given the amount of abuse I have given it, I'd say it is very tough. A++++
Old 12-14-2006, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mgreen
When you gun it or give it some gas on a strait, the engine revs up like something is sliping right?
I had the same problem but its was not the clutch. It was the diff. It was too loose. tighten that diff down some and you will see what I'm talking about.
Is that your EDM? Am I right that I see touring car shocks on the front? PM me about the conversion as I have been kicking around converting my GT2 for oval duty.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Thats right. Nitro TC3 shocks upfront. It makes a big difference on Dirt Oval.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Tech Adept

how do you guys like your gt2's? would you reccomend one for someone new to 1/10? i'd probably just pick up the rtr version. also my lhshops dont carry parts for it, meaning i'd have to get whatever i break off of tower if i needed to which kinda sucks.. should i still go for it? also whats up with your slipper clutch problems, have you found solutions to them yet? thanks guys
Old 12-20-2006, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What kind of hobby shop doesn't carry Associated?! That must be one sad shop. The shop in Kelowna I'll bet carries Associated parts, that'd be a lot faster than getting them from tower. Anyhow, I haven't got a GT2 yet, but I will be soon, and based on previous expirences from AE cars they are all really good (I've had about 7 different ones). The GT2 is actually quite beefy as well, I could hardly believe it when I first saw it actually, it really does look very stong. If you want to try and convince your LHS to carry AE stuff just PM me and I'll give you the number for a AE distributor in Abbotsford.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.