Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho EP 2WD?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Kyosho EP 2WD?

What's the deal on this car? I know Kortz and Pavidis were driving two different prototypes and was wondering if there was any news of a production version coming soon.

I think I also caught wind of the 2WD project possibly being scrapped...is there any truth to this?

The ZX5 is nice, but I'd like to see Kyosho back into the electric 2WD game again.

/bring back the Ultima!!!
//still have my late-80's Ultima Pro XL and it runs great!
///rockin' it oldschool.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

They ran something at the worlds, but nobody really saw the car w/o the body. I think because the car didn't do so well they went back to the drawing board, and are probably still there. They might have even scrapped it because the development that went into the SP2, ST-R truggy and the ZX-5 itself.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:13 AM
Tech Addict

hmmmm, there are photos on the team orion website sans shell, just have a look at their worlds coverage.. the chassis was an old ultima one with bolt on goodies.
The car did quite well if my memory is correct.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by o.s. power
I think because the car didn't do so well they went back to the drawing board, and are probably still there.
That depends on what you call "doing well"

Early on in qualifying, Kortz looked assured of an A-Main place (hew was in the top 3 at one stage) but unfortunately it didn't pan out. I think both he and Pavidis ended up in the C-Main (anybody confim this?).

Regardless, with such a tiny team (both in numbers and "name" drivers)against the huge Losi and AE teams, their results were in fact very good - certainly good enough to continue developing the car
Old 04-26-2006, 05:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Guys,

From what I have been told the car is on hold till after the On-Road Worlds. This comes from a good sorce

Thanks
Kevin Boyle
Old 04-26-2006, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Kyosho 2wd car was actually in the B main with kortz 2 and pavidis mid field I think.. they are putting the project on hold until after the worlds
Old 04-26-2006, 08:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Alot of rumors have been flying around regarding Kyosho pursuing the EP 2wd off road market. Jeremy and myself both ran two different prototypes at the worlds in Italy. I qualified second in the B Main and Jeremy qualified 6th or so. Both Jeremy and myself were on pace to make the main but luck did not go our way. For Kyosho to be that close after being out of that market for years was a step in the right direction. Yes the 2wd project has been put on hold becuase of this years Touring Car worlds.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Great to hear from you Mark!

I hope you guys get the project going again after the TC Worlds. It'd be nice to see Kyosho back into electric 2WD.

...and please, convince the guys at Kyosho to make the production kit with hex head screws.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by encore75

...and please, convince the guys at Kyosho to make the production kit with hex head screws.

Good thinking! You wouldnt use them yourself mark, so make sure we dont have to!

touring cars..... *spit*
Old 04-29-2006, 10:09 AM
Tech Initiate

hey mark the car you raced in the cactus and the losi race are the same proto from the worlds ??
Old 05-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

yzafrir,

I did speak to Mark and yes that was the same car from the Worlds. Mark was just at the Cactus and not the Losi Race

Have a good day all

Kevin Boyle

Last edited by Kevin Boyle; 05-04-2006 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:56 PM

Default um

o weell i guess i have to drive my t4 till the big k comes back into the off road 2 wd market

Last edited by revoboyz; 07-07-2006 at 09:56 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Until such time then as there is a new......

Originally Posted by Mark P
Alot of rumors have been flying around regarding Kyosho pursuing the EP 2wd off road market. Jeremy and myself both ran two different prototypes at the worlds in Italy. I qualified second in the B Main and Jeremy qualified 6th or so. Both Jeremy and myself were on pace to make the main but luck did not go our way. For Kyosho to be that close after being out of that market for years was a step in the right direction. Yes the 2wd project has been put on hold becuase of this years Touring Car worlds.
2wd how would you rate the Ultima Type-R Evolution model that I have seen on the Kyosho Japan website? I've always liked Kyosho stuff and I'm looking for a 2wd so was wondering how it might go against the B4's and Bk/CR Losi (given drivers of equal skill of course does the car have what it takes so to speak).

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:48 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

It would be nice to see another brand of buggy on the starting grid.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Why not just drive the buggy that is actualy made in America. It would be nice if people looked to purchase cars made in the u.s. before they looked to purchase the cars made in the sweat shops of japan. Odds are if anything, the car won't be released untill mid 07.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.