Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree53Likes

Team Yokomo SO 2.0

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-26-2023, 02:41 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Yokomo SO 2.0
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Cain

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2023, 07:01 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Yeah the MO 2.0 is looking to use the same shocks it appears that the SO 2.0. They do look to offer a longer set as well as an option. Makes me wonder if I could try doing a low CG style shock setup on a YZ2T here I want to play with updating since Yok isn't making one, or at least at the time said they weren't.

Talking to those who have already got their kits, the manual is wrong in the build section versus the blow diagrams as far as the part # for the front a-arms. Both front and rear a-arms are the carbon variants.

I am curious how much more responsive the car is as I used on my YZ2 variant the shorter carbon S3 a-arms on the rear with carbon fronts to get better rotation indoors.
Nosnarb likes this.
Old 09-08-2023, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

I've read a bit about the LCG shock setups but I haven't seen it in application. This is using the buggy shock towers and shocks on the trucks?
Old 09-08-2023, 01:03 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Nosnarb
I've read a bit about the LCG shock setups but I haven't seen it in application. This is using the buggy shock towers and shocks on the trucks?
For what I am thinking of trying basically. I'd probably start with the rear, maybe do a buggy style tower combined with the long variant of the new 13mm shocks if I did it.

for the shock standoffs, sounds like 13mm Avid standoffs may work. Will confirm anything odd when mine comes in but could be a nice trick looking option.
Old 09-08-2023, 07:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Debating between a B6.4 and this new Yokomo. I'm familiar with AE plastics quality and designs, what could I expect from this new Yokomo? do they have pretty good parts availability from Amain and the likes? Well made, as good or better than AE?
Old 09-09-2023, 09:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kaspurr84
Debating between a B6.4 and this new Yokomo. I'm familiar with AE plastics quality and designs, what could I expect from this new Yokomo? do they have pretty good parts availability from Amain and the likes? Well made, as good or better than AE?
Yokomo is available through amain or "better" through RC Pit Lane, which is the US distributor. Anything in a Yokomo is a lot higher quality than AE. A lot better tolerances, fitment and wearing. AE is a very known and tested brand with a lot more support than Yokomo. So you are currently paying not for that quality kit but for a better top driver support. Yokomo would be more "exclusive". Anyway, you could always go to the facebook group or rctech is you need any help.
if you finaly go for a Yokomo, I would recommend getting a couple 3.5mm ti 48mm turnbuckles for the front camber links. Those tend to break easily (AE ones bend as soon as they touch the ground). Everything else is fine as is.
RC Pit Line is now offering a great bundle for the 2.0.
BigBuckORamma likes this.
Old 09-09-2023, 10:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lexusbest
Yokomo is available through amain or "better" through RC Pit Lane, which is the US distributor. Anything in a Yokomo is a lot higher quality than AE. A lot better tolerances, fitment and wearing. AE is a very known and tested brand with a lot more support than Yokomo. So you are currently paying not for that quality kit but for a better top driver support. Yokomo would be more "exclusive". Anyway, you could always go to the facebook group or rctech is you need any help.
if you finaly go for a Yokomo, I would recommend getting a couple 3.5mm ti 48mm turnbuckles for the front camber links. Those tend to break easily (AE ones bend as soon as they touch the ground). Everything else is fine as is.
RC Pit Line is now offering a great bundle for the 2.0.
Thanks for the reply, I can't find any info if the SO2.0 comes with a ball diff in the box as well.
Old 09-09-2023, 10:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the reply, I can't find any info if the SO2.0 comes with a ball diff in the box as well.
Someone did an unboxing video on it a couple days ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8xgpyKyOfQ (see 6:52). Looks like it comes standard with a gear diff.
Old 09-09-2023, 10:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sawzall
Looks like it comes standard with a gear diff.

Could I assume that the SO 1.0 ball diff kit would be appropriate for the 2.0? likely nothing has changed in that regard?
Old 09-09-2023, 11:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Could I assume that the SO 1.0 ball diff kit would be appropriate for the 2.0? likely nothing has changed in that regard?
It's a reasonable assumption, but I'd wait till Yokomo releases the manual. As much as it might fit, it could be shimmed differently if there were changes to the bulkheads.

The diffs aren't listed as parts yet on Yokomo's site - https://teamyokomo.com/product/sor-020/, so I'd say hold off, or run the gear diff till you can confirm.

I for one am happy it comes with a gear diff instead of a ball diff.
Old 09-09-2023, 12:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sawzall

I for one am happy it comes with a gear diff instead of a ball diff.
I exclusively run <medium grip clay so I tend to gravitate towards the idea of ball based on my research it’s the better choice. I’ve never built a 2wd. Have run 1/8 and 4wd 1/10 only
Old 09-09-2023, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I really want to take a look at the manual and see what other parts have been unpdated like arms and such. Gotta have spares when you don't run an AE car. Something I am used to after swapping from a Kyosho.
Old 09-09-2023, 03:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rfury
I really want to take a look at the manual and see what other parts have been unpdated like arms and such. Gotta have spares when you don't run an AE car. Something I am used to after swapping from a Kyosho.
Yeah that's just it. Im trying to balance convenience vs exclusivity. I run AE 1/8 and Losi 4WD 1/10. Parts at every reputable track shop. Nobody and I mean not a single person I know in person runs a Yokomo. Ive heard a few people talk about them at the hobby shops ive frequented in regards to drift, but they are still ordering exclusively online
Old 09-10-2023, 03:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

It will, no changes there
Old 09-11-2023, 11:50 AM
Tech Legend

On the Yokomo facebook groups a person posted a scan of the SO 2.0 manual.
Old 09-11-2023, 03:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cain
On the Yokomo facebook groups a person posted a scan of the SO 2.0 manual.
What about for us people that don't have FB? I guess wait for the official PDF from Yokomo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.