Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Duratrax Maximum MT Pro

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Duratrax Maximum MT Pro

I have one of these trucks and it is being worked on as we speak. The guy at my LHS finally got around to working on it today. I had to get a pull start, a fuel tank, and one of my spur gears was stripped bald. He called me today and said that he got it started. He also said that it sounds like a good engine. This is my first bout with a nitro truck so I need some pointers. How to I tune for temperature? Also, I have the original rims and tires but the tires suck and they are pretty much bald. I ran them on my Rustler tonight and they have absolutely NO traction. I have a set of Moabs mounted on 2.2 rims but will they be alright on a truck like this? Also, Duratrax recommends 20% nitro fuel for the Torq .16 engine but what are the differences in fuel? Does it make them run hotter or just burn hotter for better combustion? Also, it has the stock glow plug in it and stock exhaust. I was told that the exhaust on this truck is a free flowing exhaust but can a stock exhaust really perform the way I expect it to from all of the good stuff I hear about nitro? Also, what are the advantages of a heat gun? Will that help me tune the engine better by temperature? I am just reaching out to the nitro world for pointers because I am almost nitro brain dead, lol. Also, if I wanted to upgrade the exhaust, header, and intake, what should I get and where would I get it? Another thing, what are the advantages of upgrading the glow plug? Does that create a more powerful burn?