Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MRC / Academy SB V2 Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 07:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys..

I am letting you guys know that our website has Academy section.
< http://rcforum.co.kr/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=20 >
You can change to Eng ver..., can register, and can write Eng too.

It might be good for Academy users to use our forum too since our web is based on Korea so that you guys can get the fastest products or parts news from our website.

There is some possibility that the section will be official by Academy (it is not yet, but we will try since we know people)

and there are some Academy team drivers using our forum too now.

Come to the web and show you on the web.

RC FORUM KOREA
http://rcforum.co.kr

Last edited by dailband; 07-29-2006 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys like "PERFORMANCE" said, many upgrades should be here in a few weeks. These upgrades include a one way unit off the center shaft, carbon fiber upper and lower deck, aluminum servo mounts and a front chassis stiffner. No word of a full version of a "PRO" car just yet but for the price of the conversion you cant beat it!!

I dont understand what is the problem with ordering direct from us? We offer multiple shipping methods, orders over $100 you get free shipping and our website pricing is very favorable. Give us a call if you need anything, our customer service is second to none.

Expect to see the hopup parts mentioned and almost ALL of the tuning parts available from us in just a few weeks.

Sincerely,
DAVE G
RC CAR PRODUCT MANAGER
Model Rectifer Corporation
Old 08-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I made a comment earlier in this thread about having to order direct from MRC. The problem is if I need a $3 replacement part, a couple cans of paint for the body, and a $4 set of antanna tubes in assorted colors.

If MRC parts were at Tower, I'd place one order and pay one shipping charge.

Since MRC is not at Tower, I need to pay $3 for the part, plus MRC's shipping charge, PLUS the things I get at Tower PLUS their shipping charge.

So, for small parts, we (the consumers) pay as much (or more) for shipping as we do for the part.

If I was the head of MRC, I'd say "we need to do whatever we have to do get people to buy our products, if that means we lose some profit to Horizon or Tower, that's fine". I believe you would easily make it up in volume.

To be honest, I probably would have bought an SB V2 instead of a Dark Impact if the SB V2 had spare parts available 1) at my LHS, or 2) at Tower or Horizon.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:46 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

As a former team driver I can comment on what I have discussed with those interested in the vehicle and the issue that would come up frequently is lack of online access to parts for the vehicle. Its true you can order from MRC direct, but you:

1. Pay the direct retail price, online shops usually have it cheaper (ultimate sells the V2 I believe for 208 versus $250 direct from MRC)

2. Are not able to buy multiple items at one location that are not specific to the company.

3. Have a perception of low parts support because its not commonly supported by those big online sites. And its often stated that if you can find it at the big online sites, usually the hobbyshop will carry it too than if its primarily at the distributor since people will come in looking for those items.

This is based off of the responses I have gotten.

I fully agree that to really get the vehicle out there to the public, MRC / Academy needs to push places like Horizon Hobby and / or Tower Hobbies to carry the vehicle. It can be very frustrating as a regular buyer that you like the vehicle but its not carried by any of the popular places.

I hope that this is taken into consideration seriously and all effort is made to get the vehicles carried by these places. The ads in the magazines are nice, but if you have to hunt for the vehicle online and only pretty much has the distributor to go to, alot of people will not buy and that is a shame as the vehicles are quite good.

By the way, Any news on if MRC / Academy will get into the 1/8 scale buggy and the Truggy market? I would be highly interested in running one if they do.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey guys,
Just built and raced mine this weekend. The off-road track was wet so we ran on the tarmac track with some makeshift jumps. The car survived okay. I kept the car stock except for rear arm mounts (changed to the 3 degree ones for the STR-4) and swapped the shocks for some old Kyosho shocks.

My build of the car is here