Community
Wiki Posts
Search

brushless motors which to get ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 02:34 AM
Tech Addict

Default brushless motors which to get ?

hi i was wondering which brushless to get and what specs to look for.
basically i want to know what are the best for high acceleration and speed,torque ect. that money can buy.
i heard the hackers run hot is this true?
anyone know what the nemisis blues are like?
Old 04-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Not many guys on these forums run the Sensorless stuff. If your looking for a racing system get a Novak or LRP. If your going to bash go ahead and get a sensorless system. The Novak and LRP systems are much better setup for actual racing, and car use, lol. I've got a MGM/Feigao setup and it sucks on the track compared to my Novak, or even to a brushed system. Its got lots of top end, but the low end sucks, and it draws tons of amps. Not to mention warrenty for most of those system is non-existant.

There are alot of people running sensorless stuff on the radiocontrolzone.com forums.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:15 AM
Tech Addict

ok thanks.....
i heard that lehna are giving like a 2 yr warrenty on there sensorless motors.
what turns do the novak systems go down to , would they do a 6 turn?
and can they handle a duel battery system in series = 14.4 volts.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:50 AM
Tech Regular

For onroad, sensorless sucks.

Sensorless works well in airplanes as they do not need the precise control that a car needs for racing. I have a hacker system and two Novak systems. For onroad the new Novak system is excellent, and the new LRP system is on par with the Novak

Sensorless systems are less complicated than sensored systems. You probably know that it took Novak about 3 years to produce the new velocity system. I don'r recommend the older Novak system.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:58 AM
Tech Regular

I would not get a sensorless system for bashing, they suck for racing andbashing as they don't respond properly i.e. when you give your car throttle or brake the system does that in it's own non uniform time. Don't listen to slippery sensorless salesmen from the North east as they will tell you sensorless is great and after you buy it and have problems with it he will say it's your fault for some reason. As a previous post said there is no warranty on alot of sensorless systems no matter what they say before you buy them. When it comes to warranty you wll find that is a strong suit of Novaks!
Old 04-26-2006, 03:35 AM
Tech Addict

hi and once again thanks guys......ive been hearing alot about the sensorless systems and there use in 1/8th scale nitro to electric conversions and ppl say alot about how they smoke the nitro's depending on what spec system used though they all recomend either hackers or feigao and lehna systems as they use them with duel battery set ups with like 12 cells and a 14.4 volt.
and now i hear this about the sensorless it puts me off them. so if novak or lrp is the way to go, i assume they are used for 1/10th scales or somewhat smaller rides then the 1/8th scale buggy, in which ill be using a brushless for this class converting from nitro to electric, which novak system would have the strength,torque/power and speed to give the nitro's a show down or a run for there money in my converted x-ray 1/8th xb8 with twin battery power of 14.4 volts (2 packs in series). and what turn would i go for? im not sure on the novaks so lmk what you think.....
Old 04-26-2006, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well you should have said that from the start. If your converting a 1/8th buggy any of the Novak systems wont do it for you. I would look into the new controllers from Quark or wait for the Castle creations controller. The Feigao C series motors are a good value for buggies, if you can afford it a Lehner or Neu motor would be better, but they are really really pricey. Don't buy an under supported German or Czech controller!
Old 04-27-2006, 02:24 AM
Tech Addict

hi yeah sorry i didnt mention the 1/8th buggy part my bad.
yeah the lehna look good but are pricy what do you think of the hacker motors i was recomended the hacker c50 maxx by hacker motors themselves i can get it from an australian distributor for 295 aud and id be using 2 batts so 14.4 volts into it.
is the fact that what was mentioned about using one of these sensorless motors not a very good idea due to it only having one battery pack so not as much punch. is that why charles would say what he did about them?
so what do you think of the warrior 9920 esc from bk electroniks.
hmm decisions decisions decisions......................................... ................
Old 04-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=WheelNut If your converting a 1/8th buggy any of the Novak systems wont do it for you.[/QUOTE]

What about the novak HV MAXX that is made for the traxxas E-maxx and simmilar trucks? I have heard that the thing hauls! but would it be powerfull enough for this particular application? (see below link) Check out the sidebar on the left.

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...axx/index.html
Old 04-28-2006, 01:11 AM
Tech Addict

yeah the hv maxx looks good but im not sure it is big enough for my 1/8th scale buggy i want pure power and speed with great bottom end acceleration
im so not sure on what to get still, hacker seems good but i heard they over heat a little more than others. lehner seem a little pricy and the feigao seem not enough hmm let me think i spose ill wait right up until i got the money before i make the decision which would be in a couple of weeks.
so any feedback on motors much welcomed.............
Old 04-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

true, you do need alot of power for your buggy. Do you think that you would ever consider doing a crazy dual brushless motor, lipo powered 1/8 scale buggy? I am sure that if you could keep the front wheels on the ground, it would accelerate like a rocket... I can't even begin to immagine the torque it would have. may be a little expensive to try though.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

haha yeah its tempting but i think i stick with the one for now.
i think im gonna go for the hacker c50 maxx with the bk warrior controller.
but feigao has me thinking because of how cheap they are compared to the hackers......................................