Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two-Sided Car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Two-Sided Car?

Is there any two-sided car available? The ones that can drive on its top and bottom so you don't have to flip the car every time it's on its' back. Or a car with wheels bigger than itself.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

if the car had wheels bigger than it..and it fliped wouldnt the controlls be swiched?>
Old 04-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

yes its called the predator

Old 04-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Tech Adept

As far as hobby grade ones, I don't believe any exist. But, when my boys were younger we had a real blast with these. A Tyco Rebound:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5171%26fvi%3D1

They're not very big and drive like a tank (4WD). A real riot.

They also had a bigger version, called a super Rebound. We had the first generation. Ours had blow up tires and a 9.6V batt. I don't know how well this one is, and a bad pic but the only one I could find. Here's an example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...9599%26fvi%3D1

They have come out with a new version I see:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8903%26fvi%3D1

If you want some more fun try one of these. Again, we had the first generation, but this still looks to have the leaning driver that shifts the weight, steering the free floating front wheel. We had lots of fun with it until one of the boys drove it through a puddle.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1521%26fvi%3D1

They are cheap and can't replace parts, but they are great fun for the kids. Thay take quite a beating and inexpensive way to teach them about RCs. Try searching for Tyco Rebound on Ebay or other variations and see what pops up.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Those two-sided R/C cars was a short-lived fad. In addition to the Tyco Rebounds, there was a company called XRC (Now out of business) that made a two-sided R/C car called the Ricochet. It was much like the Rebound, but it had twin 540 Mabuchi motors and powered by 9.6v NiCAD. Pretty quick for a toy R/C.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Thai3g_Eclipse
Those two-sided R/C cars was a short-lived fad. In addition to the Tyco Rebounds, there was a company called XRC (Now out of business) that made a two-sided R/C car called the Ricochet. It was much like the Rebound, but it had twin 540 Mabuchi motors and powered by 9.6v NiCAD. Pretty quick for a toy R/C.
That was the company I was trying to think of. That was the bigger one we had. The Ricochet. It was a laugh riot. That was the company that made the motorcycle we had too. Tyco must have bought out the rights to it, because it's almost the same, only ours was red. I know it was a fad, but we had so much fun with those before we got into the hobby grade stuff, I just had to pass on the info.

I picked a couple up from the thrift store that kept us supplied with parts, and with proper care, they lasted a long time. In fact, my oldest son still has his Rebound. I passed the Ricochet on to a nephew, and it's still going. The rest died gracefully.