Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I Used To Do This.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 06:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Default I Used To Do This.......

Man!!!! I remember when I was like 12 years old or so. (I am 26 now) All that I wanted for Christmas was this RC car and it was called The Lobo. It was made by Sears and they had it in the catalouge they always made for Christmas. A couple of weeks before Christmas, my brother and I made a track for it in our backyard. Memories......Well we each got one. My brother's was red and mine was black. They were pretty cool.

My friend had an RC-10 and that thing was fast!!! It was too fun when I got to control it. The thing was, the batteries didn't last very long!!!

A couple years later I got into the scene again. This guy at school had an Optima 4WD. It had this orange Novak speed control unit (Is that right??) I traded him this Gameboy I had for it. It was pretty cool. After awhile it broke down or something. I remember I had this little Kyosho parts box. This friend had a really good car and he took me to this professional racetrack. He was in the race. They had these guys that would stand around the track and flip cars over that happened to land upside down.

Then I got a street car. Talk about fast!!! Too fast!!! I put this stuff that smelled like peppermint on the wheels to make it grip better?? Anyways, I sold that car to some guy and that was the end of that!

So what's going on with the scene nowadays? How fast are the cars? How much do they cost? Where are most of these people racing? This brings back some memories let me tell ya..........
Chris

Last edited by The Lobo; 12-25-2002 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-26-2002, 02:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

the cars have gotten better in every way you can imagine

we are the same age and that sounds alot like my story

i had lots of cheap rc cars as a kid then a hobby store and track opened near me when i was about 13 i got jrx-2 then rc10l and rc12l raced for a year or so then lost interest when i started high school 3 years ago a friend told me he was getting a nitro car and i said they cost too much he told me it was like 300$ for everything and i was hooked again bought a rc10gt rtr then a hpi rs4 2 then mtx-2 started racing again since then ive had t-maxx storm xxx-s but sold them now i have mtx-3 and mbx4xr and i race every chance i get soon i hope i can get my 6yr old son involved
Old 12-27-2002, 05:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Oh the good ol' days, I'm 26 as well, and I remember the Lobo, in fact my mom bought me the Lobo II by Nikko for getting good grades. Man I loved that thing, I was about 12 then as well, I had so much fun with it that it turned me into a R/C junkie. I have 3 Nitro cars, 1 Nitro heli, 1 Nitro boat, and 3 nitro planes. My buggy will go about 60 MPH and it takes all kinds of abuse. I wouldn't have anything but 1/8th scale unless it's an onroad car. I guess electric onroads have better track record times than nitro which suprized me to hear, I didn't think electric stood a chance, but I haven't seen the electrics or the nitros actually being raced so I'm just going by what I've heard.
Old 12-28-2002, 09:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

i think its because electric cars have better handling characteristics because of thier lower cg speeds are close between electric mods and nitro cars but i think that is all going to change in the next couple of years

nitro is still much cooler because of the sound of real engine and the fact run time is only limited by how many times you refill the tank and reciever batteries
Old 12-28-2002, 02:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

I like the concept of nitro better as well.