Wiki Posts
Search

New Engine problems w/ Ofna Hyper 7

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 10:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New Engine problems w/ Ofna Hyper 7

Hey guys,

a friend of mine just got a hyper 7 and we can't start the thing. It's extremely hard to pull the Pull Cord, EVEN when the plug is out. It seems to me that there's something wrong with the piston/cylinder. I've heard that a new motor is tight, but this thing feels way too tight! With the plug out, it's harder to pull the starter than the .12 engine with the plug IN.

Any comments?

Merry Christmas!
John
Old 12-24-2002, 11:42 AM
Suspended

Default Re: New Engine problems w/ Ofna Hyper 7

Originally posted by jvannghi
Hey guys,

a friend of mine just got a hyper 7 and we can't start the thing. It's extremely hard to pull the Pull Cord, EVEN when the plug is out. It seems to me that there's something wrong with the piston/cylinder. I've heard that a new motor is tight, but this thing feels way too tight! With the plug out, it's harder to pull the starter than the .12 engine with the plug IN.

Any comments?

Merry Christmas!
John
The engine will be really tight at first, I would say to use a starter box at first to get the engine broken in then the pull starter will probably be ok for starting.
Old 12-24-2002, 12:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

the only advice i can think of is to take plug out and put oil inside and keep trying

heat the engine head up with a hairdryer may also help

or take engine out and turn it over counterclockwise with drill or something i had to do this on my os vo1b i wore the starter box battery out twice before i got it to start
Old 12-25-2002, 01:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys,

thanks for the replies.

I finally got it started by using the blow dryer and putting some drops of oil into the head. Hard to believe that it's normal to be that tight!!!

Much appreciated and Happy Holidays!

John