Search
Like Tree107Likes

What happend to Ryan Harris

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 08:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default What happend to Ryan Harris

My son is getting into racing and loves watching Ryan Harris videos. He used to post on YouTube, Instagram, etc every few days. However for the past 6 months he hasn't posted on any accounts. I also haven't seen his name mentioned for being at any big events, and I don't see him signed up for the big Cleveland carpet race that he usually attends. My son is getting concerned that something bad happened to him. Does anyone know what he's up to?

(sorry if this isn't the correct forum... wasn't sure where to put this)
billdelong, Speed 8 and Bsthetech like this.
Old 11-15-2022, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThisIsRDG
My son is getting into racing and loves watching Ryan Harris videos. He used to post on YouTube, Instagram, etc every few days. However for the past 6 months he hasn't posted on any accounts. I also haven't seen his name mentioned for being at any big events, and I don't see him signed up for the big Cleveland carpet race that he usually attends. My son is getting concerned that something bad happened to him. Does anyone know what he's up to?

(sorry if this isn't the correct forum... wasn't sure where to put this)
Ryan is doing great. He got bit by the moto bug. He has a new channel following his journey in moto.
305M3, billdelong, Speed 8 and 3 others like this.
Old 11-15-2022, 01:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elex300
Ryan is doing great. He got bit by the moto bug. He has a new channel following his journey in moto.
Thanks for the update. Glad he is doing well. Sorry to see him leave the RC world, especially so abruptly. Hopefully he will pop back in and make new content on occasion... he was very helpful for a lot of people getting started in the sport.
Eric Tomczyk and billdelong like this.
Old 11-15-2022, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

I can’t blame him. I have been in RC for over 6 years and like anything in life it gets old and starts loose its appeal. Plus these massive races like wicked weekend and others I don’t think really help the hobby other than generating money for the race organizers.
Old 11-15-2022, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg7...GJeKQ/featured
Bsthetech likes this.
Old 11-15-2022, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Doing an RC YouTube channel and putting out content every few days is a pretty big grind. I enjoy following what's new in the industry and that's why I do it, but if I only did racing videos, I would find it pretty repetitive. Glad Ryan has found a new passion.
Old 11-16-2022, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well he might not be fully done with RC - his MX jersey is plastered with all of his RC sponsors. I thought that was pretty cool to see.

In the north here there's some guys who run MX in the summer and RC in the winter. I'm not sure what FL winters are like but maybe we'll see him come back a little bit over the winter.
billdelong likes this.
Old 11-16-2022, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RazorRC
Doing an RC YouTube channel and putting out content every few days is a pretty big grind. I enjoy following what's new in the industry and that's why I do it, but if I only did racing videos, I would find it pretty repetitive. Glad Ryan has found a new passion.
I really enjoy your videos Razor, keep up the good work.
I like it when you watch videos and get honest opinions and people keeping things real.

Ryan also has a great channel and hopefully we will hear from him soon as well.

RazorRC and Rcdad42 like this.
Old 11-16-2022, 08:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Mickey_B
I can’t blame him. I have been in RC for over 6 years and like anything in life it gets old and starts loose its appeal. Plus these massive races like wicked weekend and others I don’t think really help the hobby other than generating money for the race organizers.
It's a double edged sword... lots of people love to attend a big race event so that they can see where they stack up against drivers in their skill level, but it really comes down to the pros getting paid where they are required to attend these larger events in order to earn ranking points as well as getting bonus paychecks for podium finishes against other pro level drivers.

The trade off is higher turnout for lower race fees... OR a venue with an entry cap but then are required to increase entry fees to cover venue expenses.... to me both these scenarios are a lose/lose which is why I haven't traveled to any RACETIME events yet.

I have been following the concept around Silver State which is nearly perfect, but the blown out track conditions because they can't put additives in the dirt is the only reason I haven't gone to Silver State yet.

Club racing is my passion because I love to race and don't really care to watch others race unless they're pro level. My sweet spot is around 50-80 entries with an event that lasts around 5-6 hours, any longer than that and I tend to get burned out. The club in my area will host 4-5 multi-day events each year and that fills my need for attending big races where they cap entries to 300 or less. Waiting 2.5 hours to race between rounds is not my idea of fun, but I do it just to see where I stack up with guys in my skill level.

When I travel out of state, I almost always pick club level locations to race, especially weeknights with very short and sweet programs so I can mix sight seeing in with racing.

I think the solution is to use all the data that LIVE RC already has and generate stack ranking points which can allow everyone on the system to see where they stack with everyone else based on their current "club strength" and as racers attend club races at nearby clubs, their stack ranking is merged with the other club which in turn effects the "club strength" score. This system will promote club racing so that clubs are competing with each other rather than racers doing this as individuals. With club strength rankings, there won't be a need for these events with 1K+ entries when everyone can get more accurate rankings with the LIVE RC data.
fat500, aaron2u, HOTROD716 and 4 others like this.

Last edited by billdelong; 11-16-2022 at 08:58 AM.
Old 11-16-2022, 01:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Did the Moto stuff when I was younger, his knees and rotator cuff will say otherwise soon. He will be back to RC after his crashes.
Old 11-16-2022, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jz97ss
Did the Moto stuff when I was younger, his knees and rotator cuff will say otherwise soon. He will be back to RC after his crashes.
That's why I got more into racing RC than MX. As you get older, crashes hurt a lot more and take a lost longer to heal... Much longer!
nitrous36 and MXRCF1 like this.
Old 11-16-2022, 04:00 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by jz97ss
Yep. Hopefully he doesnt crash too bad.
Old 11-16-2022, 04:00 PM
Regional Moderator

double post

Last edited by nitrous36; 11-16-2022 at 04:01 PM. Reason: double post
Old 11-16-2022, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrous36
Yep. Hopefully he doesnt crash too bad.
A lot of rc drivers I know are EX dirt bike guys who got hurt and cannot ride anymore . So, they get there adrenaline fix racing RC cars
Old 11-17-2022, 05:46 AM
Regional Moderator

Yeah its pretty hard on the body. I worked with a couple older guys in their mid or late 40s that still rode some MX. One of them crashed from a jump pretty hard. It broke his collar bone, a few ribs and punctured his lung. He had to finally give it up. He kept his bike but just rides trails now.

And funny you mention it, he was also an RC guy haha.
Rcdad42 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.