Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 02:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Interesting layout.
Looks like the car uses AA's rather than the 2/3 cells for rx pack, also the wire needs to be a little longer as well.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SPZA
i have to agree with most people on this one. the plastic is just wrong. and before you all get your panties in a bunch, no i havent seen one tested, run, or anything. but seriosly, who in their right mind would put in plastic center braces? just wrong. if someone showed me the 8ight and a Matrix side by side and i had no clue which was which (talking prototype here) i would have switched them.....
The new X-Ray car has both alloy and plastic center braces as a tuning option. If you check out Losi's offroad cars you'll find that they have some extremely stiff and strong composite plastics. It should also drive costs down. I think the use of molded parts is a good idea as long as they are tested and strong.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

wow, no one pays attnetion to the small details. Look that the rear shock tower. You can it has been machined, like an aluminum part, which would weaken a plastic part. Looks to me like they are still hiding some stuff from us, which i think is fine.

I love the bashing already. Sounds like some drivers are getting scared.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 8ight Pics-0003.jpg  
Old 04-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

As for the plastic(if it is!) You do want a little flex in your chassis.Too stiff will most times will screw up your handling. Am I wrong???
Old 04-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I heard that that is actually black annodized aluminum, with a satin finish. But I could be wrong. We will see. I'm just suprised, this car is much closer to production than I thought!

I'm thinking about getting an assembly line job as the Losi warehouse so I can sneak mine out FIRST!
Old 04-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
wow, no one pays attnetion to the small details. Look that the rear shock tower. You can it has been machined, like an aluminum part, which would weaken a plastic part. Looks to me like they are still hiding some stuff from us, which i think is fine.

I love the bashing already. Sounds like some drivers are getting scared.
Probably still prototype parts. The flat parts look machined and some of the other more complicated parts look like SLS rapid prototypes.

As far as the plastic looking cheaper, I say why make the car heavier, stiffer, and more expensive than it has to be.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

ya i like all the new features the buggy has but im really hopeing that the shock towers are not composite. I am going to be getting one
Old 04-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Looks sweet to me. It will be dialed no doubt. This is pre production, (plastic if it is) easier to change design, mountings, machine 10 or 15 different pieces of plastic to 1 or 2 aluminum ones. Even if it is a composite plastic often times that is stronger than metal.

Don't say you hate the eight yet......
Old 04-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Tech Initiate

i think the plastic parts will be interesting to try out, they wont bend they just flex which provides the car with more traction, easier to drive and less twitchy. I think losi did a good job on it.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i hope this is pre-production. i like it so far. just a little more aluminum nad carbon fiber and its all good. i think they need to beef up the front shock towers.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im preocupied about just 2 main issues as im confident about racing-oriented quality of TL :

- Final price (Losi stuff usually its a little high on the prices, just hope to be on the Jammin mark and not on the Kyosho SP2 mark).

- Hope they use METRIC screws and not USA Standard ones ...
Old 04-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks like those are gear reductions or something on the front and rear diffs to get the engine more in the center. Makes since.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Gear Reduction

I don't think it is any kind of reduction (other than the normal ring and pinion). I think what they did was reverse the ring gear so the teeth are on the outside, away from the diff case rather than on the inside toward the center. This would allow the pinion gear to be mounted where they are. Looks pretty cool. I was wondering when someone was going to come out with a longer steering link type steering system.

I can't wait to see how this thing runs.

Chris
Old 04-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

One thing is for sure, Losi producing 1/8 scale cars is a good for the class. The boom is just beginning...
Old 04-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

remember the RTR's almost always come out first then a full blown factory ride(aluminum, graphite ect.) later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.