Losi 8ight Pics

Old 05-03-2006, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Haha Fez, you're dialed. BTW...I sent a customer your way today. Tranny case!

WildChild - The same goes for my signature as well...I'd like to think that if people see that I am a representative of the company that makes the equipment they're using, they'll feel comfortable asking me any questions they have.

I think we're all excited about the release of the car.

csdonnie - I don't think anyone knows what the projected street price will be yet...I was told that it will be competitive with the pro-level kits already on the market.

Casey - No kidding! haha
Old 05-03-2006, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

wonder why we are arguing with the car that is still not born yet..
Old 05-03-2006, 07:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

its born...just not on shelves yet...its been winning too...
Old 05-03-2006, 09:41 AM

Aaron,

What servos do you use in your 1/8th buggy?

Thanks......Greg
Old 05-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

I want to clear things up. Travis TQ'd 1 lap above Drake running the same Losi 8, so its not the buggy, more props should go to Travis.

Also Travis was TQ and broke in the mains, that wasn't specified, but it should be. Obviously its still breakable, which of course all are when subjected to crashes.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I was at the Farm 2 race and saw the buggy run. All I can say is it looked great.

Sure Adam and Travis can make any car look good but if you watch the car work
on the track that is how you can tell if the car looks good because of the driver or because its a good car.

Don't worry about the front driveshaft angle, Losi went the extra step to "roll" the pinion ear up th ering so the drive shaft is running with only one angle...not a compound angle like most every other car on the market.

Also, THE TRACK HAD TEETH!!!!! I can't remember the last time I say that many broken cars coming off the track!!! I did NOT matter what brand it was, if you got greedy you paid the price. I can say the Losi held up to the beating quite well.

I say nice job Losi!!! I is refreshing to see NEW thinking in the 1/8 scale market.

Later,

Chris
Old 05-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think the point here is that the average racer will go faster with the Losi buggy.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Are there results and/or photos from that race yet? I haven't seen anything on RC Pro Series or Farm II's sites.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by David Alberico
I think the point here is that the average racer will go faster with the Losi buggy.
Yup because Travis is nothing more than a club racer, same with Drake. Come on. Even their set up skills are lightyears above the "normal" racer. I bet you give Drake a Duratrax Axis he'll still be high in the running order.

We won't be able to judge Normal racers gained advantages until Losi releases the buggy to the public.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:44 PM
TLRacing

Team Losi drivers Adam Drake and Travis Amezcua attended the Eastern RC Pro Series Round 1 at The Farm II for the debut race of the Team Losi 8ight. The pre production version of the Team Losi 8ight showed awesome speed by taking Top Qualifying honors with Travis Amezcua as the pilot. In the first round of qualifying Travis took the TQ position for the round by 20 seconds. He later went on to TQ rounds 2, 3, and 4. Right behind Travis was 2nd Qualifier Adam Drake also piloting a pre production Team Losi 8ight. At the end of the 45 minute A-Main event it was Adam Drake taking the overall win with his Team Losi 8ight by nearly an entire lap.

Travis Amezcua also used Spektrum Module and Receiver exclusively in his Team Losi 8ight.

Position Driver Chassis
1 Adam Drake Team Losi 8ight
2 JR Mitch Thunder Tiger
3 Glen Harrison Mugen
4 Paul Coleman OFNA Hyper 8

Racer comments heard around the pits "The 8ight looks like an electric buggy with a nitro engine strapped to
it when you see it in person."

Racer comment to Adam and Travis "Can I pre order a Team Losi 8ight right now?"

Racer comment "I am at the Farm for the race, and the 8ight is SICK. Turning and acceleration are
unmatched. The stakes are definitely being raised with this car."
Attached Thumbnails Losi 8ight Pics-adam-farm-2.jpg  
Old 05-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

So, any chances of seeing some closer pics of the cars they used at the event? And were they the only 2 with one? if so taking the top spot is pretty darn good. except, what happened to Travis? Did he find a weak spot in the main?
Old 05-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by binaryterror
Yup because Travis is nothing more than a club racer, same with Drake. Come on. Even their set up skills are lightyears above the "normal" racer. I bet you give Drake a Duratrax Axis he'll still be high in the running order.

We won't be able to judge Normal racers gained advantages until Losi releases the buggy to the public.

Sorry I guess I should have worded it better.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Anyone have any video from that race? I'd like to see the 8 in action!!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

xlgraphics - Those two buggies are the only ones that have ever been raced to this date. Travis didn't make the start of the race due to an electric problem, and then broke a front arm (from what I've heard...this is third-hand information).

From the last time I saw the buggy, the front end still had a few non-production items, so don't get discouraged by a broken front arm. Every car breaks when it takes enough of a beating. Travis is pretty good at breaking stuff...haha!

Right now, the car has a 100% TQ and win percentage, that's not bad

yetiman - I have been running Airtronics gear, if nothing else, for similarity among myself and the guys I race with most often. I use a 94359 for both steering and throttle in my 1/8th scale cars.

binaryterror - I disagree completely. While Adam and Travis (and any of the other pro drivers in the industry) could probably get a Duratrax Axis around the track faster than most, the car is very much a part of their success on a national-caliber level. If a car is competitive in the hands of a professional driver on the level they race them, then it will most certainly be competitive in the hands of a weekend warrior for what they will ask of the buggy.

Will it turn Joe the Local Racer into a national champion? No. But if it's easier for Adam to go fast with it, it will be easier for Joe to go fast with it.

Associated used to have t-shirts that said "It takes a CAR and DRIVER to win a World Championship". Bingo.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

we need VIDEO! .......and a part number.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.