Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

*SOCAL raceway* offroad thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 10:44 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

From what I have heard, BK was doing much better, was gonna race the shooutout, but got sick again (something different) after the Reedy TC race. Once he cures from this particular ailment, he will be back, hopefully.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

yea i read on rccaraction forums that he was going to race the buggy shootout..but i didnt know wat happened. Sounds like he is getting better, and im sure he will be back on the track ready to win some races! i wish him the best of luck to get better.

btw, i was wondering about the track at socal...did slim change the layout yet? im planning on going this weekend for sure! havent been to socal for around a month so need to get back in! plus i need to get a new driver bit for my integy wrench. i really hope the layout changed...i dont really like the current/last layout...the big jump going the opposite way makes me crash.. i cant land perfectly on that jump

hopefully i will recieve my motor upgrade kit sometime this week (for the ss5800 brushless) and see how it runs. the bigger bearing and stuff should definately improve the motor. we'll see what is goin to happen! anyone going on saturday?
Old 07-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

They did not change the layout yet and the track is getting super hard. I like the layout but the track needs to change. They have waited to long the track change is going to be a pain in the butt. They are going to have to hand pic the entire track since it will be too hard to till up. I hear next week is the plan as slim was not there this sunday but we will have to see. It will be a good weekend to do it due to an expected low turnout with the JBRL going on in Camrillo that day.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Casper
They did not change the layout yet and the track is getting super hard. I like the layout but the track needs to change. They have waited to long the track change is going to be a pain in the butt. They are going to have to hand pic the entire track since it will be too hard to till up. I hear next week is the plan as slim was not there this sunday but we will have to see. It will be a good weekend to do it due to an expected low turnout with the JBRL going on in Camrillo that day.

Pretty much, except that there won't be many [good] people working on the track. Most of the people that usually tear up/build the new track (me, my brother, hacky, cowan, etc.) won't be there because they will be at the jbrl race. If they do redo the track, I just hope they do a decent job on it, since they should have tons of time to do it (with probably 5~ races).

I may not be racing on friday (may stop by though) to help pay for motel fees and such. Plus, I'd like to save my refurbished truck for the jbrl (new ballcups, tranny, shocks and such), along with my batteries tires and motors.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:34 PM
TLRacing

I doubt slim will change the track since he has been going to the JBRL races. I think he plans on going to this one too. Also, most tracks only get 2-4 track changes a year when we get one every 2-4 weeks. As for the surface, yeah it is hard, which is unforgiving on parts, but atleast when it gets super dry is starts to groove and the traction comes way up!
Old 07-24-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Hacky said something about buying Slim's buggy. Not sure when or which one (may be the old one [no the CR]). The reason we redo the track so often is because we have to use the Tiller, not a bobcat or something that could tear up an outdoor track. I broke a shovel in half when I stepped on it trying to break into the straight the time that slim threw out his back and we had that flat track for like 2 months.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Johnny_S.
Hacky said something about buying Slim's buggy. Not sure when or which one (may be the old one [no the CR]). The reason we redo the track so often is because we have to use the Tiller, not a bobcat or something that could tear up an outdoor track. I broke a shovel in half when I stepped on it trying to break into the straight the time that slim threw out his back and we had that flat track for like 2 months.
Chris had Slims buggy at the Shootout so he must have bought it, either that or borrowed it.

Frank- Do you know what the track is going to be like for Camarillo? I heard they are putting in new dirt. Any idea tire wise?
Old 07-24-2006, 03:20 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by rcdude19641
Frank- Do you know what the track is going to be like for Camarillo? I heard they are putting in new dirt. Any idea tire wise?

I have never raced there. I have asked people and will be taking everything from some Bowtie, IFMAR Pin type tires to King Pins and Red Xs. If you can only afford 1 set, Holeshots are always the safest bet.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

hey everyone i was out last wendsday, i had the all black t4. just wondering if anyone has posted a good setup for socal, i have a ftt4 and i race in int. stock truck... thanks-mike
Old 07-24-2006, 03:23 PM
Tech Addict

Felles and Whisler told me to bring anywhere from tapers, holeshots, komodos, bowties, ifmar pins/studs, etc. Whisler said that Komodos worked very well last year, and luckily I have a pair. .
Old 07-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Ifmar pin or Stud in buggy has worked well in the past. Holeshots work alright.

Truck ifmar pins, ifmar studs, reptiles, or Panther Komodo Dragon tires.

They have always needed to water the track to keep it together so it will depend a little on how wet the track is as to what tires to run.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Tech Prophet

X-2000 or red T-2000 maybe. I highly doubt king pins will ever work out there and tapers.... No way.

That is unless they did something very different to the dirt out there.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Casper they brought in new dirt but thats all I know. I dont know if the dirt is the same or different. Someone said its going to be hard packed and it wont be that hot so it might hold the water if it is watered.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

I got a pretty wide selection of tires, so I think I'll be in good shape.

Rear: Tapers (red, I think), Holeshots, Ifmar Pins (Pink or Red, don't remember), Panther Komodos, Losi T-Bones (given to me, don't know if they will work or not).

Fronts: Losi Ribs, Edges

When did they bring in new dirt? I was there on Tuesday and the dirt looked pretty old.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

I guess this weekend. Thats what Ive heard and it says it on the Freedom park site. Im not worried about not having them i just am staying at a friends house so i dont want to bring every tire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.