Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
*SOCAL raceway* offroad thread >

*SOCAL raceway* offroad thread

Like Tree1Likes

*SOCAL raceway* offroad thread

Old 06-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

Jimmy yelled at my brother for hitting another guy for a pass, and then my brother gets hacked flat out (by the guy that took me and snowflake out). All I can say is next year I'l do something else besides stock truck. Both the fact that pretty much everyone else has some type of sponsorship except me, and that most of the tracks are for the faster trucks and buggies (pretty much anything but stock truck). Hopefully my Banzai motor can help me beat up on Andy Cowan this Friday .
Old 06-21-2006, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

off topic (not jbrl)

hey jason, i might not make it this weekend. i will try and atleast go to socal to give you your scissors back. my parents are being total gayasses so i might not be going to socal. ill tell my dad that i have to give something to a friend, but that might not work. i WILL try. otherwise, you might have to come to my house and get them..or iono. sorry.

for jbrl, looks like you guys are having alot of fun. too bad i cant do any jbrl races...atleast today was my last day of school..maybe if i can find a job (most likely not..because im 15...im hoping i can get one at either ultimate, hobbypeople or socal though )
Old 06-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Johnny_S.
Jimmy yelled at my brother for hitting another guy for a pass, and then my brother gets hacked flat out (by the guy that took me and snowflake out). All I can say is next year I'l do something else besides stock truck. Both the fact that pretty much everyone else has some type of sponsorship except me, and that most of the tracks are for the faster trucks and buggies (pretty much anything but stock truck). Hopefully my Banzai motor can help me beat up on Andy Cowan this Friday .
First off I've been racing the series, and at Hot Rod, for a long time and have never seen or heard Jimmy yell at someone. Second I have no idea what was wrong with the guy that hacked flake and your brother but a lot of people were having glitching problems all day long even on 40 band, now I'm not saying he was glitching as I was pitting right next to flake all day (we pit next to each other and every race and are good friends) and was in the race and saw the hack. I have no idea why Jimmy didn't say anything, I even talked to him about it last night. Third alot of the people in the sportsman class should be running expert. And last Andy is a sandbagger, and he doesn't listen to people when they tell him to move up.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:28 PM
Tech Addict

He said something like "let's make this a clean race Joey, seen you hit a couple of people" or something like that. This was in the B main, as my brother was BQ. While I agree that the race should be as clean as possible, there was tons of hacking in that race and I don't think it was fair to single my brother out.

But yeah, Some of the guys (Luis, Andy, Nick, etc) should be in expert, but there isn't any money in that class, as they get <5 racers per track, while sportsman gets about 40.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

I know in the B-main for truck there was lots of hacking but i believe some were getting glitches. I too was in the truck B-main and everytime I went to take the big jump the car stopped dead it its tracks and coming onto the straight it wouldnt turn. I think it was to power lines above or something because nobody was on my frequency the whole day.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

What radio were you using? I wasn't having anyone problems with my spektrum, but then again, it's a spektrum . I'm sure there were glitches throughout the day, but I doubt that that was the main reason behind the hacking. Sometimes, you just end up with a race full of hackers.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

I was using a 3PK. Steven Hartson was using an M11 with 40 band and was getting glitches. In the 4wd main Cody King's car was stuck on full going off the big jump.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:54 PM

now to pull off to a different topic, any 4wd racing tomorrow night? If not, what about this Sunday?
Old 06-22-2006, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scuad X
now to pull off to a different topic, any 4wd racing tomorrow night? If not, what about this Sunday?

I'll probably be there tomorrow. Might run 4wd.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

new track layout.
Attached Thumbnails *SOCAL raceway* offroad thread-2.jpg   *SOCAL raceway* offroad thread-1.jpg   *SOCAL raceway* offroad thread-3.jpg   *SOCAL raceway* offroad thread-5.jpg  
Old 06-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jaejw1
new track layout.
WOOT, looks like i got something to look forward to this following weekend if i can get some money together....hmm...just what i need...another big jump to break parts on..AND ITS GOIN THE OTHER WAY! ahh!
tell me, froom standing near the middle of the drivers stand..is it hard to see so you can land your car perfectly so it rolls down the little landing platform? thank god this time there isnt a little triangle space made by those big pipes that your car can wedge into like the other layout. i mustve broken atleast 3 arms with my car flying into that thing from 7 ft in the air.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

anyone going to socal this saturday?
Old 06-29-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

I might race TC Saturday, but if not, I'll probably be there just to hang out and take some pictures.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

cool, if your tc is painted like whats in ur avatar, ill keep a look out

keep a look out for my blue, neon yellow and white slime style bk2!
Old 06-29-2006, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

I got rid of that body when I sold my Losi and got an X-ray, and I've been too lazy to do another body with my own paint scheme, so I've been running the body I got with the car, which is just solid red. I might bring my buggies though, and I think you've seen what they look like.

If nothing else, look for the guy with the camera (you'll know it when you see it).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.