Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
What is the Best .21 for 8th scale buggy? >

What is the Best .21 for 8th scale buggy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the Best .21 for 8th scale buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Arrow What is the Best .21 for 8th scale buggy?

I only know a lot about certain engines/brands, so I am looking to broaden my horizon.

1) hp @ rmp
2) length of life/durability
3) cost
Old 04-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Can o-worms question but you cant go wrong with a good ole P5. Italians know how to build nitro engines.

As far as best engine a RB C5 is just sick but eats fuel ,same with a Modded 421b but those with set you back at least 450.00.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

if only novarossi still made 4-ports......you all know that the 4 ports (ie the Crono green head and the Medial Pro M2K (blue head)) are the cats-ass.

The 4-ports of yore are the bomb when it comes to stump pulling torque and 8-10 minutes of runtime.

My Medial Pro M2K will eat a V-Spec any day of the week. And last 5 times longer...lol

just ask Mike Giorgi of NitroJoint. He'll agree.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Collari B7's are great motors. Very smooth, but could use a little more bottom end. A Jammin JP-1 pipe really helps though.

The P5 is an awesome motor as well. Novarossi hit the nail on the head with the P5~ guess that's why they don't replace it every year with a new model.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's a very loaded question...

Generally speaking, I think most would agree that NovaRossi is the best engine manufacturer when it comes to 1/8 buggy... But there is a trick

NovaRossi, Rex, and Top are the same engines! They just have different colored heads. NovaRossi is Purple, Rex is Blue, and Top is Black. I even think the JP mods are modded NovaRossis.

Next you need to decide what sort of power curve your looking for. Do you want low-end grunt for short tracks, or high-end scream for long tacks? or a little of Both? at this point I will agree with the previous post, the NovaRossi P5X is about the best for all-around performance... hard to go wrong. The NR 421B seems to be more top-end, but still good all around. The New NR 21-5 is supposedly the bees knees(did I just say that? ), but I have yet to speak to someone who has run it.

My next choices would probably be thus: Serio, OS, Werks, RB Concepts.

Last edited by Banshee8530; 04-03-2006 at 03:21 PM. Reason: erroneous engine name