R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-13-2006, 09:52 AM   #16
Tech Initiate

I've been juggling with the idea of using a li-po receiver pack too. The only thing holding me back is that when you overdischarge a li-po pack, it becomes useless as the cells become damaged.

For those using one, how do you manage the fact that the voltage cutoff switch on the regulator will turn all power off. Are you using a throttle return spring ?

Is there a kind of device that would kick the brakes on when the cells reach 6.3volts or something (like an integrated failsafe maybe ?)

I scraped my first li-po pack once in a mini-t because I left my battery connected thinking the on/off switch would do the job. It was a costly experience. I don't want the same thing to happen again in my buggy.
Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:23 PM   #17
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

5 x 2500 nimh pack is weighing in at 136 grams

I couln't find a 2S x 2500 to compare.

I weighed a 2S x 2000 it wieghs 108 grams

your may be right, how much does the voltage regulator weigh?
gulio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:08 PM   #18
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Hey Tony I saw that hte spektrum receiver can take in 9.2 V but I was almost certain that it only put out 6V. But hey at least you will ahve killer runtime...
I use the novak as my Ko 302 F doesn't like higher than 7.4V but hey if you are putting 9.2V to those servos...GOD Bless you..cause man that is some stupid power you putting down...LOL
-Shookie <><
Originally Posted by TonysScrews
I just picked up the 2,000mah LiPo pack from Amainhobbies

It's the same size as a AAA hump pack. Very small. Can't wait to run it this weekend in my MSR. I'm running it direct to the Spektrum Rx and two Hitec Titanium Series servos. They're all rated for the higher voltage, so NO regulator.

The TG-5955 steering servo is rated at .15sec/333oz on 6.0 volts. On the Lipo it's like .12 sec and over 450oz of torque
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote