Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which stadium truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 10:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default which stadium truck

Looking at buying a stadium truck very soon...like right now but cannot decide which to buy.

I am leaning towards the Traxxas Nitro Rustler ...Should I?

What would you buy and why??

Any help would be great!!!

Thanx
Old 12-14-2002, 11:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

if you have any thoughts of racing buy any losi or asociated truck they both can be upgraded to full race version traxxas vehicles are great if you just want to play, also pick one that your local hobby shop is familar with or carries parts for .......good luck
Old 12-15-2002, 01:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

If you want to race, don't get a Traxxas. But Traxxas work well for just playing around, the flexible plastic that they use for most parts is very hard to break, but since it's not very stiff, you lose lots of handling. I have a xxx-t, and I love it, it handles very well, it's very fast and is super adjustable .
Old 12-16-2002, 06:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanx for the advice.

I think I have decided to get the Associated RC10GT Plus RTR.

How is this for a first nitro?
Old 12-16-2002, 06:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Are there any "must have" parts I should purchase right away?
Old 12-16-2002, 08:52 AM
Tech Rookie

well one must have part would have to be an in-line fuel filter.

this one, for instance

also, a new carb filter, one of these, would be good.

as for spares for frequently broken parts, I can only recommend extra spur gears and glow plugs cause I don't own one.

hope this helps some
Brian
Old 12-29-2002, 08:40 AM
Tech Rookie

hey not trying to dis on any company out there but I think people are just mad because the nitro rustler with the trx 2.5 out of the box is beating everything thing in its class.What most of the team associate buyers and losi buyers dont realize is that traxxas has come a long way. Two of my friends have a rc10gt and my rustler with the trx 2.5 destoyes them.As for handling ,if you are on dirt and can drive good , you will make up for the lack of handleing in the rustler.Plus and this is so true traxxas has the best customer service help line ,any questions u have they will answer. Hope this helps and have some fun.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default spare parts

Get a pair or 2 of front suspension arms. RPM makes nice nylon pieces, if you get the RPM pieces, you probaly won't be needing 2 pairs of them.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Here's my $.02. I have an RC 10GT Plus. For what it doesn't have in speed, it more than makes up for in handling. This thing is tough! Mine's already been through some things that would've left others in pieces. And should you break something, parts are more avialble for this vehicle than any other. There may be some faster vehicles out there, but few compare in terms of the overall package.
Old 01-04-2003, 06:59 PM
Tech Rookie

If your new to this hobby or to nitro i would get the Nitro Rustler. It is a really good bash as Racerdx6 said.
Old 01-06-2003, 12:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Check this WWW site...

There is someone out there who has pushed the Rustler to its limits. His motivation seems to be partly economic, but if you combine some of his techniques with the technology available in the market place, you could come up with one butt-kicking machine....just my $.02 worth....

Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.ultimatetraxxas.com

Click on the link for theultimate Rustler....

T
Old 01-09-2003, 12:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Rustler vs AE/Losi

I got an AE RC10GT kit, my step dad got a Rustler. For the beginner, which both of us are, the rustler is easier to get going definetly. It has a bigger engine, (.15 vs my .12) . It 'beats' the AE's and Losi's partly because it has 25% more displacement. (theres no replacement for displacement)

I bet local races are 'outlaw', so you can run a stock Rustler with its .15 ci (2.5cc) engine. From what I've heard at bigger sanctioned events, a .12 motor is required. That is why I went kit and .12 motor. He smokes me in the backyard drags, but on a small tight track(like our local track), races are won and lost in the corners, which is nowhere near topseed.

Fun factor for both is the same I'd say. We are both having a blast. IMHO it depends on how soon you'd want to be racing where a .12 is max displacement allowed.
Old 01-09-2003, 04:18 PM
Tech Initiate

axo959

I don't know which engine you have. Mine is the RC 10GT Plus RTR kit which came with a .15 engine. I doubt mine would even run with the Rustler, however, I'd bet if you go with an O.S. cvr-12, and go to a 16 or 17 tooth primary gear, you'd probably smoke your Dad's Rustler. Those cvr engines are wicked!