Wiki Posts
Search

Midwest racers, check out Glitchers new lay out

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 05:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Midwest racers, check out Glitchers new lay out

Hey all, we have a revised track layout at Glitchers rc. Should be a lot of fun, plenty of room to run it out and some cool technical stuff. You can check out a computer generated rendering of the new layout at www.glitchersrc.com. That picture is pretty close to what we have in dirt. We still have to do some jump building and the piping, but most of the dirt is already move where we need it, thanks Steve, you're a bobcat ninja. thanks Rusty for installing the new roof on the driver's stand, and thanks to all the club members and folks who came out to help. Keep coming.....there's lots more work to do
Old 03-28-2006, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Man, is that a hot air balloon arial picture?
Old 03-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

The arial photo is curtousy of Steve Hood, our club VP. Through his job he has access to planes and pilots, a buddy of his took him up to snap a few shots.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:19 PM
Tech Addict

Jared thanks for the head up! That track change was very much needed indeed. I know some of us out of towners had expressed our thoughts last year about a total track change so two thumbs up to the Glitchers crew for listening. I do have one question though. Has the back straight been changed so it is not off camber (sloping away from the drivers stand) going into the turn at the end? I know that it is 15ft wide with a tape but when you are on the drivers stand it looks like it is only about 5ft wide.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Haha, yea I know toward the end of last season the back straight looked like it was about 3 feet wide from the stand. We filled it in a bunch, and we brought the end of the back straight down about 12 feet so it's flat around the corner instead of sloping away from the apex. Thanks for the kind words and looking forward to racing with you. By the way cabin fever did get the best of me this winter and I did get a Jammin
Old 03-28-2006, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

Good deal, I am looking foward to running their this year!

Also you will like the Jammin, it is very easy to drive and is very consistant. I have been racing mine a LH the last couple of weeks, what a differance from my last car.