Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best car for me

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 01:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking best car for me

i used to be into rc cars about 10 years ago. used to race on road, 10th buggy and then touring cars.

just about to move into a new house and its next to a park so thought i would get myself a new toy to play with, budget isnt really an issue so costs dont matter.

i have a ko propo vantage 2 system so would like to use this, and will need to buy a new fet servo. may get into racing but will have to see whats around and local to me.

what i would like to know is what kit to buy. it must go off road and i would like a kit that i build myself. i'd prefer pull start to cut down on the amount of stuff to lug around but other than that i'm open to suggestions.

i know NOTHING about the current rc models out there and even less about nitro, cos i have always raced electric

suggestions please guys

rory
Old 03-24-2006, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking off road basher

team associated monster gt,thats my pick for a truck. www.rc10.com
Old 03-24-2006, 06:58 AM
Tech Addict

Clicky
Old 03-24-2006, 07:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by That0neguy
very helpful, loser

unsure as to whether to go for a 1/10 truck or a 1/8th buggy

gonna investigate the local racing scene too, see what people have there

like the rc10gt. used to have a B3 was a good car.

just doing somehomework on it before i lay out money

Old 03-24-2006, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

About 2 years ago I would have said go the 10th scale truck, but after last year driving 1/8th scale buggy, I can't think of anything that powerful and durable.

I bought a Jammin X1CR and had a blast, I think it brought a new level of excitement to racing for me because of the power and how much abuse it could take. Not that I'm a basher, but the fun factor is near insane!

The only problem is that if your near a park, near other houses, you might have noise complaints called in on you. I luckily have a great track near by that I go to and race.

I still race electric buggy and carpet onroad, but the 1/8th buggy has by far become one of the best classes around.

I'm actually trying 1/10th scale gas truck for this season! Mugen MST-I FOR $130.00 AT NITROHOUSE.COM, HOW COULD i PASS THAT UP
Old 03-24-2006, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'm sure you're aware of this....but whatever car you buy, make sure your LHS supports the car! That way you can break it all you want and fix it just as easily. If you want to go 10th scale....AE and LOSI still rock the off-road truck and 2wd world. you'd be very pleased with both kits.

If you are looking for 10th gas, AE wins the nats every year with the GT, but I personally think that LOSI has a better chassis design.

If you're gonna head down the road of 8th scale, I think you can't go wrong with the Jammin buggy. Kyosho arguably makes the "best all around" kit, but the Jammin buggy has all the hype at the moment. Also, LOSI is working on a 8th at the moment, so you may want to hold off until it debues.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rorynitro
very helpful, loser

unsure as to whether to go for a 1/10 truck or a 1/8th buggy

gonna investigate the local racing scene too, see what people have there

like the rc10gt. used to have a B3 was a good car.

just doing somehomework on it before i lay out money

Hey now, im not the one asking noob questions that should be found and your local track by watching the races.Your a idiot for asking that quesiton here.We dont know your track, rules, part avalibility at the shop.So poo on you, loser.

Last edited by That0neguy; 03-25-2006 at 12:56 AM.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys, I think you know that those comments were not personal, because you guys don't even know eachother. Lets cool it, no need to get kicked off by tattlers! I'd self sensor before some moderator has to step in!
Old 03-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

1/8 scale buggy's are the most popular kits now. If you are going for a 1/10 scale buggy i would go with the AE RC10GT. XXX-NT is a very nice design but the RC10GT is 14 years old and still proves itself as one of the best kits out there

Cheers
Old 03-27-2006, 03:54 AM
Tech Rookie

cheers for the advice guys

gonna check out that jammin car

no offence intended people, just blowing off cobwebs and figured i could pick your brains for some advice

will have to find my local 1/8th race circuit and gte down there

Old 03-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

Great Idea!