Search
Like Tree44Likes

Schumacher stadium truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
This is actually very cool to see, especially considering that this class doesn’t really run in Europe. Honestly, stadium truck is a great class for anyone to get started in. The trucks are easy to drive, and there’s really not much that needs to be done set up wise to make it drivable from track to track(assuming similar surfaces).

The only reason trucks in the early 90s were narrower, is because they were initially converted buggies. Once companies like Losey and associated started making dedicated trucks, they took advantage of the rules to make them as wide as they allowed. This meant longer arms, not to mention optimized geometry.

Yup... I agree with the reason they got wider. They mostly went with that design because of the IFMAR Worlds race tracks, which are what all cars are designed to perform best on They are wide, long, and fast tracks. Therefore, wider trucks would be a benefit.

I kept running my early 90's truck for a while after the trucks got wider. I won a lot of races due to me being able to get around a track easier because of my truck being smaller. The people I lost to were ones who also started racing narrower trucks.

When they came out with short course racing, I never did get on the wagon with those. They just looked huge and clumsy on the smaller tracks. Not to mention everyone kept bumping into each other. Especially when the younger crowd was racing. However, I love the way they run on the bigger tracks. I just don't have any of those around me.

Old 08-25-2020, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

well i want one.
Old 09-05-2020, 12:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Stumbled across this a few minutes ago
I know it's designed primarily for carpet and turf. Wonder what would be needed to set one up for outside dirt track or backyard grass track?
Also who do you guys suggest dealing with in the USA for Schumacher kits and parts? Thanks

Last edited by Milkdudd; 09-05-2020 at 01:12 AM.
Old 09-05-2020, 06:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

+1 at milkdudd post #18. The video presentation does touch on dirt track set up very briefly-one sentence I believe. So it is a consideration in the platform design. Tracks internationally appear to be moving away from the all-dirt base to carpet or turf, so dirt track adaptability may not be the issue it once was.

I've always wanted to try a Schu. But their designs have always seemed just a step or two outside the mainstream envelope. This ST seems more a natural evolution of the stadium truck transition from dirt to turf. Like the mid-motor and gear diff for grass track. Both my legacy mid motor grass track ST's are better runners than the legacy back motor chassis. Stable and predictable.

Parts availability is not a big concern for me. Backyard grass track without humps or jumps is pretty easy on trucks. Actually haven't broken anything in two seasons of running. With no LHS anywhere near me, I buy parts on-line anyway. So search and wait is nothing new to me if I had to do it with the Schu. Bottom line, may have to try this modern platform.

Cheers. 'AC'

Last edited by AHR43; 09-05-2020 at 06:34 AM. Reason: add in 'gear diff'
Old 09-05-2020, 01:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Milkdudd
Stumbled across this a few minutes ago
https://youtu.be/lnqbwxSP3WE
I know it's designed primarily for carpet and turf. Wonder what would be needed to set one up for outside dirt track or backyard grass track?
Also who do you guys suggest dealing with in the USA for Schumacher kits and parts? Thanks
A balldiff, moving some shims and a springset should probably make it ready for dirt, same for grass but you're probably fine with the geardiff.

Check out Discount rc and klinik for kits and parts
Old 09-05-2020, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Larse
A balldiff, moving some shims and a springset should probably make it ready for dirt, same for grass but you're probably fine with the geardiff.

Check out Discount rc and klinik for kits and parts
Okay will do. I did see them, what I can't tell is where Klinik is located. Anyone know? Even at their website I looked around and couldn't figure that out. I assume an American company but would like to know for sure. Thanks
Old 09-05-2020, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Milkdudd
Okay will do. I did see them, what I can't tell is where Klinik is located. Anyone know? Even at their website I looked around and couldn't figure that out. I assume an American company but would like to know for sure. Thanks
I believe Klinik is in Arizona.
Old 09-05-2020, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RazorRC
Okay thanks. I was in a little hurry when I went to their website. I see you can register with them. I suppose that kind of information and maybe a phone number would be available after that. Enjoy your videos by the way
Old 09-05-2020, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)

I think it's Utah
RazorRC likes this.
Old 09-05-2020, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jonski
I think it's Utah
Thanks. As long as it's in the Good ole USA. Wouldn't want to be waiting for shipments to come across the pond every time I needed a part. Glad that's not the case
​​
Old 09-16-2020, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Someone should review this truck. 😎
Old 09-16-2020, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Someone should review this truck. 😎
Someone should!
RazorRC likes this.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:00 PM
Tech Adept

The aluminum gear diff conversion ((U7993) or the complete aluminum gear differential (U7994)) and the aluminum eccentrics (U7975 and U7976) look like beneficial upgrades.
Old 09-17-2020, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

mine is finished except for paint, nice build.
Old 09-17-2020, 01:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore
mine is finished except for paint, nice build.
Photos please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.