R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   X-5 or XX-4WE??? Anybody got one??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/107077-x-5-xx-4we-anybody-got-one.html)

bgotori 03-23-2006 10:02 AM

X-5 or XX-4WE??? Anybody got one???

Hey All

Just thinking about getting one, BUT... What's the BIG Difference between this an the XX-4 WE, how is the handling changed if the Frames, Arms and Arm mounts are the same??? On the 4WD forum they say its a much better handling Car, but how is this possible??? Came here because this isn't a bias forum and the 4WD site sells this Car.

What do you get for a $150 more in Price between the XX-4 and the X5???

Thanks!!!

Brad

THE_REAL_FROBOY 03-23-2006 10:20 AM

basically a lot more acceleration and it is easier to get to the drivetrain and to maintain.

bgotori 03-23-2006 11:08 AM

Hey THE_REAL_FROBOY

So the Cover on the Belt system is different??? Is the Chassis the same or is it different???

Thanks!!!

Brad

bender 03-23-2006 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by bgotori
So the Cover on the Belt system is different??? Is the Chassis the same or is it different???

The chassis of the X5 is completely different. The basic idea was to combine the best of Losi's 4wds - the excellent handling of the XX4 suspension, with the superior efficiency and acceleration of the XXX4's drivetrain.

The X5 chassis uses a 4x2 cell layout in order to balance the weight in the car like the original XX4.

DUB_Ben 03-23-2006 11:14 AM

I own a XX-4 WE, and I love it. I run a Novak GTB 6.5, IB 3800's from SMC, and a Futaba Digital Coreless. It handles AWESOME and it accelates like a bat outta hell. I love the car, it ruins nitros and it SMOKES my XXX-4 (that I had) in every catagory.

xlgraphicspro 03-23-2006 11:16 AM

Hey, I actually had both of these cars. Basically the xx-4 has great rough track handling, which is a Big plus over the xxx-4, but the single belt drive train is so much more efficient, it allows you to lay down the power immediatly!

The cool thing is you can buy a xx-4 and try it to see how it fairs against your local competition. if you feel your missing something or not keeping up, you can buy the x-5 conversion which transforms your xx-4 into an x-5.

Then you will have the rough track handling you desire and all the snap and immediate power so you can lay it down and pull some big power out of the corners.

o.s. power 03-23-2006 11:46 AM

the x5 is a good car, but motor and battery technology have come very far since the xx4 was first released. This has pretty much nullified the drag associated with the 3 belt drivetrain. I actually find the xx4 easier to drive because the acceleration isn't so snappy like the xxx-4.

Yeti35 03-23-2006 12:34 PM

I had a XX4 for about a month, but that has nothing to do with the car just I had too much going on. I loved the way it handled and there are quite a few guys at my local track that prefer them over the XXX4. There is one guy who had an X5 but was not thrilled about the battery layout on them. I understand the weight balance thing but he claims he was having issues with cells going bad in that 4x2 configuration. You can definitely tell it handles better then the XXX4 on a rough track for it just seems to roll through the bumps better. I do have to admit I did not like working on it when something went wrong but that is just the nature of any wheeler for that matter.

DUB_Ben 03-23-2006 04:52 PM

I would take a XX-4 WE over a XXX-4 G+ or and X-5 any day. The X-5 has a weird battery situation and the XXX-4 just blegh. The XX-4 with my GTB 6.5 and IB 3800s makes it snap off the line better than my XXX-4 ever did.

bgotori 03-23-2006 08:22 PM

Hey bender

Thanks for the Reply, those are the Answers I was looking for!!!

Thanks Again!!!

Brad

bgotori 03-23-2006 08:25 PM

Hey All

Thanks for the Replies!!!

Thanks Again!!!

Brad