R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   T-Maxx V.S. Savage 21???? Compare? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/10705-t-maxx-v-s-savage-21-compare.html)

[]DE[]D[]DE 12-13-2002 06:33 PM

T-Maxx V.S. Savage 21???? Compare?

Hey! mmmm im considering a nitro truck....but yet finding it hard 2 decide....either the T-maxx or the Savage 21???can n e one help me out? which is better? what are the cons and pros between these 2 trucks? mabye 2 save all the typing... someone can throw me link 2 a comparsion chart or a reveiw with these 2 trucks.....

ur help will b much Appreciated .....REALLY! :)

racerdx6 12-17-2002 12:20 AM

Since the Savage 21 is such a new truck, there aren't many reviews of it, and very few people own it. It looks like it will be a race-worthy truck. It looks like it will be much stronger than the t-maxx because of all the extra plastic in the suspension. The Savage is a big block engine truck, but the Traxxas 2.5 engine is a very powerful small block engine. I think the Savage can take all T-maxx bodys. There are tons of hop-ups for the T-maxx, but in a few months there will probaly be quite a few hop ups for the Savage. I would probaly choose the Savage because of the extra durability and a big block engine, I think it looks like it might be a better racer without any modifications. But if I were you, I would wait until you know more about the Savage to make your decision.

[]DE[]D[]DE 12-17-2002 07:20 AM

yeah thats what i was thinking....but whats drawing me 2 the t-maxx is the fact that it is the truck with the most hop up avaliable! i mean, sure the savage will have a desent amout or quite a few hop ups ...but im sure it will never surpass the t-maxx.
do u think the savage will have equal or even more hop ups than the t-max?

GregH 12-17-2002 08:13 AM

One hop-up you'll need for the Savage is reverse!!! That's right, it doesn't come with reverse. I has reverse capability but doesn't come with it. HPI is selling a reverse module that has to be bought seperate for the truck. Plus until someone comes out with it, the whole frontend and rearend isn't adjustable. Crazy but true....

racerdx6 12-17-2002 01:11 PM

I don't even want reverse, it just adds a bunch of weight, and it's just another thing that will scrue up sometime and piss you off :mad: . But remember, I would want to race with my truck, so for just playing around, I guess reverse might be nice :rolleyes: . But the fact that the Savage isn't adjustable (even the camber and stuff !?!?) is kinda a turn off. I think I might be leaning towards the T-maxx now. But before I could make the decision, I would also consider another new player in the monster truck game, THE ASSOCIATED MONSTER GT!!! :sneaky: :D . That thing is huge :D !! It's probaly gonna be the ultimate backyard bashing nitro monster truck. I can't wait till that comes out :D .

BigDogRacing 12-17-2002 01:29 PM

If you guys will look in the Moster Truck forum you will see quite a few posts on the Savage.

metalrobotz 12-17-2002 03:58 PM

Review Savage 21 Vs Tmaxx2.5

I have both and they are quality products. The Tmaxx 2.5
has all the upgrades in the world. You can transform this truck
into anything your pockets will allow. The engine is solid likes to run a little hot 260. The out of the box hardware can take some punishment and the repairs are cheap using stock parts. The radio supplied has good range. The only out of the box upgrade
to race is a stronger steering servo or upgrade to a better battery pack.( Tighten shock caps) I have run the dog out of this truck with little down time due to the trucks fault. Aside from a soccer goal post direct hit only lost a bulkhead and lower arm.:lol:

The Savage 21 is its own breed of 1|8. The supply of upgrades is limited but coming along ck out www.neweramodels.com
It handles better than my maxx out of the box. It does not quite have that bottom snap( Wheelies) but will run out as well top end.
You can stuff this dog in a turn. Engine is solid runs cool. 1 pull after starts. I have the EL Camino body on and put the Savage on my Maxx Rebadged.
I cannot draw a line in the sand on either truck. On weekends they are BOTH always in my truck in search of the Ultimate Hill.
I would bet either will bring a smile to your face.
Okay hope this helps unless you need info on the xtm x-terminator 24.7 I am breaking in:D

Rick E. 12-22-2002 08:49 PM

Gee, someone sure likes their monster trucks. You plan on getting an Associated?