R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-17-2006, 08:26 AM   #1
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Panther Racing Tires....

Just wondering if there were any racers sponsored by Panther that could answer some questions about their tires on this board.

Either sponsored or people who have alot of experience with them.

Specifically I'm looking for info regarding the Panther tires that work with the Losi XXX4...indoors/blue groove.

I believe most run Losi Pink Taper pins shaved down...so wondering what from Panther is equivelent.

Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 08:30 AM   #2
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I'm not Panther sponsored but I have experience with their line and I run on a surface that is exactly like you described.
Panther's pink-equivalent compound is called "c" compound. They have a nice range of rear tires that are lower in profile than the Losi tires. The closest tire to the Taper pin is called the Switch. If you are shaving down the tires then you can buy Panthers in a slick which still needs to be scuffed with a dremel to yield the best traction. Panther does not offer any front 4wd tires but I have seen racers using the Bobcat 2wd front for 4wd application. You need to glue the tire against the inside rib of the rim and cut off the existing inside bead (narrowing the rim). These work pretty well.
"I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head."

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote