Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree941Likes

TLR 22X-4, 22X-4 Elite Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-18-2022, 06:53 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 22X-4, 22X-4 Elite Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jon003
This Wikipost will be used to share build tips and other tricks for the TLR 22X-4.

Frank Root from TLR posted a complete bag by bag build video series on youtube, with various TLR sponsored driver guests showing and explaining his thoughts on building the 22X-4.

Bag A
Bag B & C
Bag D
Bag E
Bag F
Bag G
Bag H & I
Bag I & Electronics Mounting
Getting the car ready for the track

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 10:17 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RandyJones
Funny how people are slamming the 22X-4!! Unless you are gonna hand them mega cash to develope a car that is not the “norm” design and give them the time needed to develope it,
If you need something that is different than what is being done this days and not a Tekno or HB car, that Inspire car may be right up your alley, just expect to pay some $$$.

Originally Posted by RandyJones
... Funny AE car looks same as the XRAY and Yokomo but people don’t whine...
Actually they did, just right now with how all the cars all look basically alike, some to the point that the a-arms only appear to differ by how they mount the swaybar, better material, and hingepin hole size, its pretty much that the horse has been beaten dead.

All in all I think its a good thing that these cars have these similar looks as you can see if Company A's take on the general design is an improvement over Company's B, etc.

Originally Posted by Teknewbee
Speaking of good deals....
Yeah in general the coupon thing for companies that allow them to be used, AE and Losi i beleive don't, you can factor in perceived value into that. So for you, basically is a tekno at $329.99 once you upgrade it to similar specs a what you get out of the box with the losi a better buy. that is the best way for a fair comparison.

Originally Posted by Davidka
Don't sweat it. A thread was started about a kit nobody will have for another month or two. What else were we going to talk about, front wheel availability?
Heck, I love that they include wheels, I just hate they are yellow lol. Now we need to discuss that for 2 months
Old 12-19-2019, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
I suspect that pre-orders are doing well, and if it lives up to the promise it showed at the Worlds, it will probably be hotter than fresh bread. That being the case, why would they put it on sale anytime soon?

Besides, I think a lot of people will agree that it is very competitively priced, considering the buggies it’s up against. AND, it includes wheels! What more could you ask for?
White wheels
STLNLST and Cain like this.
Old 12-19-2019, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roken
White wheels
Well, in the good ol’ days, you would have gotten a set of each (and in the good ol’ even older days, you’d get tires too!), but boy, times sure have changed.
Teknewbee likes this.
Old 12-19-2019, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cain
If you need something that is different than what is being done this days and not a Tekno or HB car, that Inspire car may be right up your alley, just expect to pay some $$$.

Actually they did, just right now with how all the cars all look basically alike, some to the point that the a-arms only appear to differ by how they mount the swaybar, better material, and hingepin hole size, its pretty much that the horse has been beaten dead.

All in all I think its a good thing that these cars have these similar looks as you can see if Company A's take on the general design is an improvement over Company's B, etc.

Yeah in general the coupon thing for companies that allow them to be used, AE and Losi i beleive don't, you can factor in perceived value into that. So for you, basically is a tekno at $329.99 once you upgrade it to similar specs a what you get out of the box with the losi a better buy. that is the best way for a fair comparison.

Heck, I love that they include wheels, I just hate they are yellow lol. Now we need to discuss that for 2 months
It's only a good value if you're interested in those different parts. Personally I am not. To me too much aluminum parts just means you're going to break different plastic parts and plus aluminum bends and doesn't return back to shape. So a good value is totally relative from one person to the next. Oh and by the way yellow wheels are faster. LOL😎
Slashripper likes this.
Old 12-20-2019, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
Well, in the good ol’ days, you would have gotten a set of each (and in the good ol’ even older days, you’d get tires too!), but boy, times sure have changed.
Kind of hard to include tires being there are 9000 different options LOL
Teknewbee likes this.
Old 12-20-2019, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teknewbee
It's only a good value if you're interested in those different parts. Personally I am not. To me too much aluminum parts just means you're going to break different plastic parts and plus aluminum bends and doesn't return back to shape. So a good value is totally relative from one person to the next. Oh and by the way yellow wheels are faster. LOL😎
If Your adding after market Slop Ups on Your
Monster truck of aluminum then Ya, Yer gnna bend and break stuff.
A current TC or Wheeler from a Top Tier company
not going to be an Issue at all.The design concept
would have proven itself long before any release.
Cheers.
Cain likes this.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:23 AM
Tech Adept

Will the Schumacher wheels fit?
Old 12-21-2019, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by benstian
with different drive hexes for the fronts I believe is what I remember frank explaining to me.
Old 12-21-2019, 11:59 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by benstian
Most likely they are a direct fit. According to Frank Root (thank you again!) 22-4 wheels fit with the optional 5.0 hex.
benstian likes this.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:50 PM
Tech Rookie

I noticed today that the manual with setups are on the website now. Also has optional parts listed and says due early February.. Can’t wait to get this car!
STLNLST, Teknewbee and Rcdad42 like this.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Ryan Harris has swapped to TLR for 2020 (I like watching his videos)
Old 12-24-2019, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CoolHandsLondon
Ryan Harris has swapped to TLR for 2020 (I like watching his videos)
He also switched up from JCon to P-L... I wasn’t expecting that. In either case, I’m looking forward to getting good advice as I start out (after an almost 20 year hiatus) with my ELITE in 2020... He was really thorough with his B6.1 and B64/74 setup videos, so I’m sure I will find it helpful when he does the same with the TLR vehicles. I also hope he makes time to keep going to the SuperCup races here in Florida.
Rcdad42 likes this.
Old 12-25-2019, 06:30 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks
Old 12-25-2019, 06:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mes
Most likely they are a direct fit. According to Frank Root (thank you again!) 22-4 wheels fit with the optional 5.0 hex.
Thanks
Old 12-26-2019, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

i would love have one those 4wd buggy sweet ride

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.