Buggy help

Old 03-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Buggy help

I have the RD Logics Sho buggy. Today, I went to start it, and it started fine. It stalled a few times upon giving it little amounts of throttle, which I guess is because I havn't run it in a while. After I got it warmed up, I went out and ran it for maybe 30 seconds in the snow (not deep, maybe two inches at most). I brought it back into my garage, and it stalled. I went back to try and start it, and it will not run. It acts like it wants to because it "pops" but it wont stay running. The motor has had maybe 3-4 gallons run through, and still has great compression. What could be the problem?
Old 03-13-2006, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

my t-maxx is having the same problem, with the same amount of gallons through it... maybe buying a new piston and sleeve assembly would fix the problem, but first, make sure you tune it the best you can.

hope it helps!
Old 03-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'd try a new glow plug first.... and maybe tune the engine before you run it too...... also the extra drag of running thru the snow will cause stress on the engine and cause it to run alot hotter..... otherwise exessive wheelspin can also cause overheating and engine failure.....
Old 03-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks guys.

The next time I'm at my LHS, I'll pick up a new plug, and try tuning it to see if that helps.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

You want to run it on the richer side when you bash. When its cold you actualy want to run the car richer because the air is denser so to keep the air/fuel even you want to run it richer then in the warm. Once you have driven your car around a little spit on the top of the glow plug. It should take about a second to start boiling. If it boils sooner then its too hot. If it takes longer then its too rich.