Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/18th mini racers

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Default 1/18th mini racers

hey all i wanted to start a thread just for mini racers i'am interested in purchasing a mini though i don't know which one yet and i wanted to start a thread devoted to them all from a racers perspective.

i currently race 1/8 buggy and i used to race electric and i own a mini-t but i want to trade it in for one of the newer 4wd mini buggies, either the rc18b or the kyosho half 8. i also want to put in a brushless motor but am not sure which one to go with i will probably only run ni-mh but eventually i will upgrade to li-po power, i want something fast but i also want something that i could race with at a national level, so i don't necessarily want the fastest brushless out. or one i will have to replace drivline components all the time.

if anyone else has any questions about mini's post em here
Old 03-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

most of the guys i race with have mamba's. i just run a losi frenzy brushed and keep up with them. we have a small track but on a large one the brushless would pull ahead for sure!
Old 03-04-2006, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i personally haven't tried it, but have read very good results from peole using the t-370 eflite motor. it's $9 from tower and at that price disposable..
Old 03-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

hey rocket if your interested in a half 8 i have one with tons of spares [email protected]
Old 03-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey guys, take a look at this:

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=104509
Old 03-06-2006, 12:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Go with the 18b! I have the 18t and it is great! I'm hoping to go mamba powered real soon...
Old 03-06-2006, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

i'd definatly go with the 18B, parts are easy to find, and u can easily, and cheaply convert it to 18T as a stadium truck or the 18MT as a monster truck

P.S., avatar is awsome, i love calvin and hobbes, i have all 16 of the american books
Old 03-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Tech Initiate

For just bashing around, go with a Mini LST. Parts are available readily, and Losi's customer support is top notch.

The RC18B with a nice brushed motor (fantom mini mod or Reedy Minimax) is all it takes to have a very competitive racer. Brushless is overkill for the most part, although lots of fun!

I like the Half8 Kyoshos, but they need $50 in upgrades before you consider racing them (hubs/knuckles/motormount) and local parts support is low at most shops.

I've had a few of the mini's to date, Mini-T, FT RC18T, Xray M18T, Mini LST. I still own the Mini LST Easiest to work on, by far the most durable, and it could be competitive with the right setup. While all the really little trucks get bounced around the rough parts of the track, the MLST blows right by them.