Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree301Likes

Team Associated B74 4wd buggy

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-14-2019, 10:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B74 4wd buggy
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mes
B74 Manual
New parts list
Product page
petitrc set-up page
Pistons explained

B64 carry-over parts:

- front and rear wheels
- springs
- pistons
- plastic diff gears
- shock caps
- spring cups
- arm mount inserts
- ball cups
- wing
- clamping wheel hexes
- generic hardware, tools, fluids

Fan mounts:
Revolution Design Yokomo YZ-4SF Aluminium Fan Mount RDRP0474
Schelle B74 Fan Mount and Wire Clip SCH1444 (SCH1444-COMBO with Motiv fan)
Revolution Design B74 Fan Mount RDRP0495

Aluminum options:
front shock tower RDRP0496
rear shock tower RDRP0497
rear hub set RDRP0489

Gear chart:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 11:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by trf211
In my experience the kashima bodies have a slightly tighter tolerance between the shock body and piston(preventing piston blow by), and smoother sliding action between the two. The kashimas have slightly more high speed damping but on the table comparing the two they feel very similar, the silvers can still be setup very smooth. Much like the changes felt when switching from the grey pistons to the machined ones but to a smaller degree. Whether most people will really need and benefit from them is another matter.
Isn't the tighter tolerance between the shock body and the piston achieved by the machined piston? I mean that's the purpose of the machined piston right? The Kashima coating is just for reduced friction.........and of course the cool bling
Old 05-01-2019, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BigChris in PA
Isn't the tighter tolerance between the shock body and the piston achieved by the machined piston? I mean that's the purpose of the machined piston right? The Kashima coating is just for reduced friction.........and of course the cool bling
Yes to all of the above, the machined piston has a better tolerance and a smoother edge against the body. Much better than the grey plastic ones.

In my opinion and I've read it elsewhere that the kashima bodies have slower damping and an even tighter tolerance, but not by much. If you were to compare the changes felt from the grey vs machine pistons to the silver and kashima shock bodies, the pistons would be much more distinguishable. In combination to the factory look and smoother coating inside the shock the result is more consistent damping at higher shaft speeds but anyone is open to disagree with this. They mainly advertised the smoother sliding surface like you guys mentioned.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes to all of the above, the machined piston has a better tolerance and a smoother edge against the body. Much better than the grey plastic ones.

In my opinion and I've read it elsewhere that the kashima bodies have slower damping and an even tighter tolerance, but not by much. If you were to compare the changes felt from the grey vs machine pistons to the silver and kashima shock bodies, the pistons would be much more distinguishable. In combination to the factory look and smoother coating inside the shock the result is more consistent damping at higher shaft speeds but anyone is open to disagree with this. They mainly advertised the smoother sliding surface like you guys mentioned.
I have also found the kashima bodies to have a tighter fit against the machined pistons vs silver bodies with machined pistons. I dont know if this intentional by associated or if the kashima coating is just slightly thicker. But I can notice a difference.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:24 AM
mes
Tech Elite

OK, they are different I'll have to buy some.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone used the new thin pistons yet?
Old 05-02-2019, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by outoftouchrc
Has anyone used the new thin pistons yet?
Does anybody know the reason for using them? I'm assuming it softens the damping somewhat because the passage the oil is forced through is shorter than before.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:44 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Does anybody know the reason for using them? I'm assuming it softens the damping somewhat because the passage the oil is forced through is shorter than before.
Less pack but sticking with the same oils as before for bump handling.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Davidka
Yup, done. Sorry..

Edit: and sorry to you too, BmainStar.
Cheers Bro!!!
Edwin Pibal likes this.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chr1s
I have also found the kashima bodies to have a tighter fit against the machined pistons vs silver bodies with machined pistons. I dont know if this intentional by associated or if the kashima coating is just slightly thicker. But I can notice a difference.
I run the Kashima on my B6.1, and like em. However they were carry overs from my B6
Old 05-07-2019, 12:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Still any word on if anything crosses over from the B64?
Old 05-07-2019, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BigChris in PA
Still any word on if anything crosses over from the B64?
Not much you can transfer over. If you have the long kashima rear shock bodies those will work on the new buggy but almost everything besides that is new.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)

Bodies are in stock on AE's website. I purchased one so I can paint it before my wheeler arrives later this month. I hope AE doesn't cancel my order.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:16 AM
Tech Addict

Jconcepts race next week at TRCR, would love to hear a release date. OK, one that is not 2 weeks.
Edwin Pibal likes this.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:49 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sea1swk
Jconcepts race next week at TRCR, would love to hear a release date. OK, one that is not 2 weeks.
Ruddog says early June now. At least we are treated to a limited edition pit mat to sweeten the delay.
Old 05-08-2019, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
Ruddog says early June now. At least we are treated to a limited edition pit mat to sweeten the delay.
Where did you find this out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.