Old 03-06-2006, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

i bet you a million bucks it will have quickchange axles
Old 03-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdude19641
i bet you a million bucks it will have quickchange axles
I think its almost a given. I dont see how it wasnt brought earlier?! Considering how long its been in 1/8th onroad cars. The only reason I would see as why not would be I guess the offroad buggys dont go thru tires near as quick.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Do you guys actualy expect it to come out with titanium tie rods, quick change axles, and ect? I mean honestly unless they stick an over zealous price tag on it like the jrx-s I have a fealing it will come out in the same kind of version as all their other cars come out as.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Why not? $650 doesnt seem too far off any other kit. I dont see why these features couldnt be incorporated.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

quick-change axles doubtful

Also can't see being able to do it without redesigning the buggie tire rims
Old 03-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I don't see QC being viable in 1/8th off road, due to good wear from the tires, in 90% of conditions, complexity of parts, special wheels, etc.
I also don't think the JRX-S is priced overzelously, since there are a few sedans that cost more.

I think they have something unique coming that will hopefully not be so unique it will not be accepted like the JRX-S. I had good success with the JRX-S, but people want to blame something when they lose, so an uncoventional car usually gets the blame. Funny thing is if it is the same it's also flamed and called a copy. Except in on road where it seems accepted and has turned into a spec class except for the different colors of anodizing on everyones Tamiya car.

That is unless a radical design can win 8 or so major races in 12-18 months and prove it's dominance, which doesn't include sportsman buggy(aka 19 turn sedan).

90% driver when the other team wins and ALL car when your brand wins!

..., Jim
Old 03-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

tony2 - I know...I'm just stirring the pot. It's fun to see people thinking about it..and the more people posting on this thread, the better!

Will the new buggy come with all of the goodies? Losi currently doesn't offer any "basic spec" kits without all the goodies unless you get an RTR; it's all or nothing. But then again, this is their first buggy. What do you guys think? hehe...

I'm not sure we'll see quick-change axles, but it might not be a bad idea...
Old 03-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah, keep this thread at the top, that way TL will know how highly anticipated this buggy really is. I know it won't speed things up, but when excitement brews over at Team Losi, they never seem to dissapoint.

Except for the body on the MF2 truck, Camon, it looks like a fat lady in a moo moo when it's stood up on end!
Old 03-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Then just don't take the body to bed with you...
Old 03-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Sometimes after a long night of drinking, you can't help waking up and seeing in bed next to you. We all make mistakes, that one was Team Los'is drunken mishap!
Old 03-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Hahahahaha...that was the best analogy I've ever heard for the MF2 body.

The MF2 body was made with performance in mind...I'm not kidding, run the MF2 body and any other body back to back for a couple laps each (with a mod motor, especially) and you'll see what I'm talking about. It takes all of about one corner (the sweeper at the end of a straightaway) to feel the difference that body makes.

We always called it the J. Lo body...pretty in the front but it's got a big butt. Losi has the new FXT body now, which is really close to the AD2 stock body, and it's much more aesthetically pleasing.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
tony2 -
Will the new buggy come with all of the goodies? Losi currently doesn't offer any "basic spec" kits without all the goodies unless you get an RTR; it's all or nothing. But then again, this is their first buggy. What do you guys think? hehe...

I'm not sure we'll see quick-change axles, but it might not be a bad idea...
So your saying that when the first xxx, xxx-t, xxx-nt,xx-cr,xx-4-xxx-4,xxx-s, ect. were released those black turbuckles and molded plastic parts were actualy better then sets of titanium turbuckles and molded graphite composite parts that were sitting on the shelf right next to those brand new kits withen a month of its release?
Old 03-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

thats awesome Aaron....I bet the JRX8 will have a pretty cool looking body since Losis buggy bodies have always looked nice..

oh no....did I just call it the JRX8....hmmm sounds pretty cool...and kinda traditional...just thowing it out there...hope I didnt jinx it..
Old 03-07-2006, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

party_wagon - I'm not sure how you had that post mistaken? When the original XX, XX CR, and XXX series kits were released, they were in stock form. Losi offered upgraded parts, until the special edition kits were released, and then the hop-up parts came in the box, just as they do now in Losi's MF2, BK2, and AD2 kits. Losi doesn't offer the XXX series cars anymore without either going RTR, or buying one of the BK2, MF2, or AD2 series kits with all of the goodies.

That's not at all to say the stock Stiffezell components or the steel turnbuckles were better than the graphite or titanium parts that replace them. Every company, certainly before the new era of special edition kits, released basically equipped cars and then with it, or soon after, a line of aftermarket upgrades. Losi (and I believe a few other companies, as well) have done away with their basic-equipment kits and simply offer their racers as full-option packages.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:02 AM
Tech Master

heard it's going to have twin engines a light bar and optional gun rack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.