Community
Wiki Posts
Search

rc10gt, idle probs. new 2 nitro

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Rookie

rc10gt, idle probs. new 2 nitro

kinda new to the nitro world. i bought a new rc10gt W/ae t.15 engine. i broke it in according the book. runs good and fast response. but after it warms up good (not overheating) the idle will creep up on it. if i smack the thottle it will fall back down to normal but a few seconds later it creeps up again? please help i'm lost... p.s. when i say creep i mean like 1/4 thottle up.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

might have an air leak http://www.rchobbies.org/engine-tuning.htm or is out of tune http://www.rchobbies.org/cars_eng-tuning.htm
Old 02-26-2006, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

when you say smack the throttle - do you mean you are hitting the brakes?

If you are - pop off the airfilter and see if the carb is open when at the idle position. You don't do this with the truck running, and make sure the air filter boot and surrounding areas are clean.

Sometimes the linkages on RTR's are not set correctly from the factory. When the trigger on the transmitter is in neutral, the servo horn might not be centered on the servo itself and could be holding the carb open.

If that seems to be the case someone can eloborate more on how to center the servo and servo horn later - not trying to confuse you.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks for the replys guys.. when i say smack the throttle i mean like a fast throttle up.not brake.. i can hold the brake when it starts acting up and it does nothing. i watch the servos and as the idle climbs the servo does'nt move.. nor does the linkage. seems to be all in the motor or carb. i dropped it off at the local hobby shop. there baffled too.. said it they can't figure it out they will replace the carb under warranty.