Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Should I just go ahead and order a starter box now? >

Should I just go ahead and order a starter box now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I just go ahead and order a starter box now?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 08:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Should I just go ahead and order a starter box now?

I just know if I don't, my pull start is going to go tango uniform and I won't be able to operate my RC 10, then I'd have to order a starter box anyway. I have no confidence in the reliability of these pull starts. I've heard too many bad things about them.
Old 12-06-2002, 06:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

I would just wait and just check the prices every couple days and see if you can find a good deal, just keep looking around until you find a good one for a decent deal. That would be the logical thing to do. Also, I might check the for sale forum on here. You might be able to find one there. Good luck.
Old 12-06-2002, 07:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Starter boxes are great. I have pullstarters in both of my nitro vehicles and don't really have any pullstarter problems, but the starter box makes life easy.

Like deltree said, you don't need it right away, so keep your eye out for a deal. And when you're pulling the pullstarter, just don't pull it too far! It's not a lawnmower....
Old 12-06-2002, 05:28 PM
Tech Initiate

I ordered a DuraTrax 1/10 universal box today from Tower Hobbies with a 12V battery for $79. Not too bad I guess. I think it will be nice to use a starter box as the primary means of starting, with the pull start as a backup starting system. Besides it's easier to detect problems a lot sooner using a starter box, i.e., bad glow plugs, fuel delivery problems, etc. If it doesn't start pretty darn quick using the starter box, you know you've got a problem with something.

Last edited by grampi; 12-06-2002 at 05:31 PM.