Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Glitching, Coughing, Spitting. HHHHEEELLLLPPPP!!!!! >

Glitching, Coughing, Spitting. HHHHEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Glitching, Coughing, Spitting. HHHHEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Glitching, Coughing, Spitting. HHHHEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!

Any help is appreciated. This is driving me mad. About 100' away, the car goes nuts. I'm ready to pour gas on it and set it ablaze and buy all new sheite.

Specs.
xxx-4g
Novak GTB 5.5

so far I've tried the receiver in it. JR xs3i receiver. Novak synthesized receiver. 2 servos. I'm not sure if turning the ESC another way will help. The motor/esc control wire is no where near the motor wires.

Any ideas?
Here's some pics. BTW, the plastic sheathing over the motor cable was melted by a soldering iron. The wires underneath are fine.

Old 02-20-2006, 07:06 PM
Suspended

You know i had lots of glittching issues with my GTB also. Try moving the battery wires around and test it in different places. The best thing you can do is move 1 set of wires around at a time to see if that makes a difference. Then if none of that works. Try borrowing someones radio and putting it in your car to see if its your radio or receiver. Another thing is a graphite chassis could sometimes cause glitching so dont put the antaenna wire thru the graphite but drill a little hole in the antaenna tube and push it thru there so that the receiver wire doesnt touch any of the graphite. Tell me how it goes.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Suspended

try mounting the reciever on teh servo. you really want the crystal to be away from the chassis. also how good are the batts in your radio new or freshly charged
Old 02-21-2006, 04:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Receiver has 10v out of 12v. Battery pack is freshly charged. Antenna wire is not touching chassis, there is electrical tape all around where the antenna is. Is it possible that the esc is garbage? Another problem is that the motor wont go in reverse sometimes. I have to turn the wheels and sort of wake it up then it will go into reverse.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:45 AM
Tech Adept

It could be a lot of things but the first thing that jumps out at me is that the motor, ESC and Rx and mounted so close to one another that this could be causing your problem. I would first try a different motor. The GTB can run brushed or brushless. I have a strange feeling that at full (or high) RPM, the 5.5 motor is generating quite a bit of electrical interference. Just a guess........
Matt
Old 02-21-2006, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

the only thing i can think of is that you need to separate the motor, battery, and reciever wires as far as possible.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Well another motor is not an option. I have a 6.5 system on the way, but that's going in another xxx-4. So I'll try the servo idea with the receiver atop it. Thanks for the help. If that doesn't work, I'll try moving the wires more. There's not much room to do much with them. If that doesn't work, the whole thing goes in the rubbish and I'm not kidding. I am very very angry over this.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

I didn't have much time to take a close look at your pictures, but the first thing that I noticed was that you have your antenna wire routed through the antenna-tube base. I would cut a small hole in the bottom of your antenna tube and route the wire into that so that it does not come in contact with any graphite parts.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks, I'll try that, as for the receiver on top of the servo, that didn't help either.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Tried the antenna through a hole in it above the mount. No use. Mounted the ESC in 4 different positions. Same problem. Took it to a parking lot just to make sure it wasn't my street. Same problem. It's got to be either the motor, the esc, or the transmitter. Welp, all the electronics are going in the rubbish and I'm buying all new sheite. This is ridiculous.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

What state do you live in and what is your address?
Old 02-21-2006, 06:34 PM
Suspended

Can you throw it in my garbage can? Hey you need to do what i said dude. You havent listened. I had the same problem and it was my radio. Borrow someone elses radio and receiver. You should have done that first thing.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Tech Adept

If you haven't tried a different receiver, I would definitely try that instead of buying all-new stuff.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

wow your quite rich if you can buy all new electronics just because you cant solve one littly problem
Old 02-22-2006, 04:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BobbyDoyle
If you haven't tried a different receiver, I would definitely try that instead of buying all-new stuff.
No, I'm not rich, but I have enough money to buy a whole new setup. I'm convinced it's the ESC, or the transmitter. Reverse doesn't work, unless I turn the wheels then use reverse. I've swapped everything else out. Servo, I've tried my novak synthesized receiver instead of the JR. New batteries in transmitter. I don't know anyone that has any equipment. I'm on my own. I've turned the ESC 4 different ways. I've cut a hole in the antenna. The antenna is not touching the chassis.

I've brought it to another location, same problem. This is very very frusterating. What are the chances it's the radio or the ESC? Thanks for the help, I just don't have much patience for this crap. I can build cars fine, but I don't have much patience for problems like this. Especially when I've exhausted all of my ideas. Do transmitters ever have this type of problem.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.