Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you race top level with a traxxas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i just got my traxxas rustler (electric) in the mail, and now i realize that it is not so very race ready. after driving it for about 10 minutes, i decided to take the front arms off, and dremmel some weight off. after seemingly no result, i went to the chassis, and dremeled it . now i notice a difference, cause it is about 1/2 pound lighter. if i put a brushless moter on it, it would be able to uot run my friends cars... but in serious racing, it would still lose.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:37 AM
Suspended

Hey dont worry about it bro. If this is your first truck you dont want the best out there because you would probably break it. Just drive it around for a while and get better at it then upgrade to something better later once you want to start racing. One thin i would not suggest though is buying a bunch of part for it to make it go fast. It would be better to just buy a better truck when you get better. Ill tell you what. I have a T3 that i dont use. I was going to sell it to my buddy but i dont think he is gonna buy it. When you get better and want a better truck ill sell you the t3 for REAL cheap. Its just sitting there anyways so id rather help someone out. GL with it!
Old 02-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

so where'd you buy that M8?
Old 02-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jhyten
Hey dont worry about it bro. If this is your first truck you dont want the best out there because you would probably break it. Just drive it around for a while and get better at it then upgrade to something better later once you want to start racing. One thin i would not suggest though is buying a bunch of part for it to make it go fast. It would be better to just buy a better truck when you get better. Ill tell you what. I have a T3 that i dont use. I was going to sell it to my buddy but i dont think he is gonna buy it. When you get better and want a better truck ill sell you the t3 for REAL cheap. Its just sitting there anyways so id rather help someone out. GL with it!
i am not new, i decided to buy a rustler to use as a cheep, bashing truck, to do stupid stuff with. no thanks, i already have a t3, modded out. i should make avideo of a rustler compared to the t3... see what happens...
Old 02-25-2006, 05:15 PM
Suspended

Jonathan! Trust me you are new compared to me. And dont even think for one second that the t3 you have is anything close to what i have. My t3 would eat you and your truck for breakfast. You are new and you are a beginner compared to me. Now if you want that truck im gonna be a little more reluctant.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jhyten
Jonathan! Trust me you are new compared to me. And dont even think for one second that the t3 you have is anything close to what i have. My t3 would eat you and your truck for breakfast. You are new and you are a beginner compared to me. Now if you want that truck im gonna be a little more reluctant.

Aren't you the guy on RCZ who was asking all of the noob questions??? Stuff like what is ARC, Dual Rate, EPA, Sub Trim, etc... And then you said "I do not know how to solder my own batteries" on another thread. And then on another thread you said "i am just a beginner and do not know what to do."

And you smoked 3 GTB 5.5s???

Sounds like you're the NOOB to me...
Old 02-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

he was also postin stuff like that on losibk2.com

gtb

LOL
Old 02-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

lol
Old 02-25-2006, 09:34 PM
Suspended

Ok how many times do i have to tell you guys this. I was talking to a mentor of mine and i was telling him how stupid you guys were and how i couldnt beleive that there were actually peole this idiotic on earth. So what he told me to do was put myelf in their shoes! That is why i was pretending to be a beginner. I was trying to pretend to be YOU so i could see what it is like to be one of you! I was doing you guys a favor!
Old 02-25-2006, 10:06 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jhyten, Knock it off. I'm so close to taking you off the forums, it's not even funny.