Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Does anyone know how much a pro driver like Kinwald or fransis makes? >

Does anyone know how much a pro driver like Kinwald or fransis makes?

Does anyone know how much a pro driver like Kinwald or fransis makes?

Old 02-18-2006, 11:04 PM
Suspended

Default Does anyone know how much a pro driver like Kinwald or fransis makes?

Anyone know how much these guys make?
Old 02-19-2006, 03:21 AM
Tech Legend

Default Income

Not as much as me....

So keep up that work in school.....
Old 02-19-2006, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Default re

for being factory sponcered drivers I heard from a good source that they don't make a lot usually from the companys they are sponcered threw unless they work there full time. I think Kinwald and Francis actually make there money off of products they have through Trinity and stuff like that as far as getting anything from Losi I don't think they actually get anything any more other than a few cars and stuff like.I don't believe they got royalties off of the cars being named after them other than lets say well guys this is what we will do for you and that was probably it. heck Francis sells realestate and or property management something like that I heard. dunno about kinwald. but who know the truth other than the people really close to them. just my .02 worth
Old 02-19-2006, 04:01 AM
Tech Regular

Kinwald has a buggy named after him that he designed. you think he gets a small cut of the profits of whatever is sold say 1%?
Old 02-19-2006, 10:52 AM
Suspended

I dont plan to be a pro driver. Im a mortgage broker. I know i make more money than any of those guys. I was just wondering. By the way if they have buggies and trucks named after them and arent getting any royalties then they are the stupidest business persons in the world.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know of a team driver and he gets paid well ,very well but he also works for them as well . no names of coarse , do you really think the drivers' would jump around if it wasn't worth it ? I doudt it .... I bet the top 10 make at least 70K a year
Old 02-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Suspended

70k isnt crap! Yes compared to the median income it isnt bad. But when you consider these guys are at the absolute top level of their industry it is very small. You can be a pud in the mortgage industry in california and make double that!
Old 02-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jhyten
70k isnt crap! Yes compared to the median income it isnt bad. But when you consider these guys are at the absolute top level of their industry it is very small. You can be a pud in the mortgage industry in california and make double that!
Top drivers do not make that much from any one company. But they do have many sponsors so it adds up. Add that to incentives for winning, and a good driver can do pretty well. Especially when you consider that some of the best paid drivers may work less than 40 hours per month - less some months.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I would estimate, with all things considered that most of the top drivers make about $15-20 an hour at best.

This is factoring in their regular job at the manufacturers facility, time at the track, testing, racing, helping locals, traveling to major events 45+ weeks a year, wrenching, maintenance, late night hotel room wrench sessions, trade show they may attend, etc., etc.

Of course the driver or two that win a majority of the major events that year may bring in more money, but the ones doing it seem to only get 1-2 years, maybe 2-3 at best, then it's another drivers turn.

Masami being the exception.

....jmo, Jim
Old 02-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

Rick, are the endorsements you do part of the contract or are there extra incentives for appearing in advertisements and such? Also, when your name is used on a product, ie. Kinwald editions, Matt Francis edition, etc. Do you get a percentage of sales for the use of your name or is that also inclusive in the contract with the sponsor?

Thanks,

Tony
Old 02-20-2006, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Incintives and raceing all over the world for almost nothing is more than enough for most drivers. Personal editions are designs that these drivers help to develop, let alone get paid to play or perfom at the best of their abilities. Royalties are all ways the issue if you have your name indorsing anything that person should see something, I would think. Alot of top drivers get a bonus for TQing big races and winning them. Byron fuels offer a cash bonus to any one who sighns their contract and TQ's or winns big races with their fuel.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm surprised nobody actually has a real number for what these guys make. A few years back there was an article in RCCA that claimed one or two of the top drivers in the states made over 100K a year. They were kind of implying it was Kinwald or Francis.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

who really cares? these cats get to play with (or take deadly-serious, whatever) what are basically toys, very advanced-toys no question- but still a scale version of a real vehicle, and get payed a decent amount to do it. no need to sweat all the numbers. compared to some they make a "puds" pay, to others they do well BUT WHATEVER. for whatever amount they make it's not like they have to sit there taking endless calls,telling this guy or that that they will 'forward them a spread-sheet and lets do lunch'. this is a funny topic for banter if you ask me
Old 02-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Suspended

uhhhh well thats the thing... Nobody asked you
Old 02-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jhyten
You can be a pud in the mortgage industry in california
Sounds like you are speaking from experience

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.